Windows 10: User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes

Discus and support User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed recently, often when I am trying to open an exe files from my desktop or a folder from my desktop (or from a DVD drive), the folder sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Sep 3, 2016.

1. User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes

I have noticed recently, often when I am trying to open an exe files from my desktop or a folder from my desktop (or from a DVD drive), the folder sort of freezes and I can't really move it or do anything with it as the User Account box also lags to open. After it opens, the folder becomes moveable again.

Anyone else have this problem?

:)

leftisthominid, Sep 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 slow, stopping, freezing... Internet the same with Internet Explorer

Hi again, My post was deleted so I created another. Fix Windows 10 after update they became slow, freezing always internet explorer, slow loading Windows 10, slow apps work. And ect.

WinUser2016, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Farzad_K Win User
    User Account Control Dialogue Has No "Yes" Button

The problem is that even that action requires pressing yes in that same dialogue box.

I am resetting this computer.

I am only using Windows for my astronomy hobby and I love it when I wind up going back to my Mac and using that trouble-free operating system; and I am hoping that one day soon I can migrate my hobby to OSX and donate my PC stuff to Goodwill, although I
    don't know if morally that is a good deed or not.

Thanks for the help.

Farzad_K, Sep 3, 2016
  4. GIL
    gil Win User

User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes

yes I have the same issue.

Thema:

User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes

1. User Account Control dialogue slow to load, explorer window freezes - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC User Account Control slow or timing out: HiA couple of months ago, I started seeing pc's where the UAC kept dimming the screen for minutes after entering admin credentials and before starting the program/installation I wanted to start as an admin. Now I start seeing it on nearly every device I touch. It's even often...
  3. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC User Account Control slow or timing out: HiA couple of months ago, I started seeing pc's where the UAC kept dimming the screen for minutes after entering admin credentials and before starting the program/installation I wanted to start as an admin. Now I start seeing it on nearly every device I touch. It's even often...
  4. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  6. freezing dialogue boxes

freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  7. file explorer loading slow

file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  8. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  9. Slow user profile loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow user profile loading: My local user account now takes around 1 minute and 8 seconds to load (welcome screen with spinning circle). On a clean Windows install (4 months ago) the profile loads to desktop almost instantly. I created another local account just to test—and this new account loaded...
  10. Slow loading and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow loading and freezing: The Problems I have two problems which I suspect are related, so I am including them both in this post. 1. Slow App Load. This PC has always been slow at loading apps. Particularly Microsoft Office apps. In 2016 I upgraded to Office 2016 from Office 2007 but that...