Windows 10: User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it

Discus and support User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open most non-Microsoft programs and many Windows 10 features -- like System Restore, for example -- I get the 'User Account Control'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pfields, Oct 2, 2015.

1. pfields Win User

User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it

Whenever I try to open most non-Microsoft programs and many Windows 10 features -- like System Restore, for example -- I get the 'User Account Control' pop-up with the "YES" button grayed out, dead, so it can't be clicked. Only the "NO" button in the pop-up is live and clickable so in the end I just can't do anything in the computer anymore.

That happened out of the blue a few days ago and it's the very worst consequence of my making the stupid mistake of linking my Microsoft account to my Windows sign in.

Now I also can neither find nor access my Administrator account, or make any changes to accounts for that matter.

Tried System Restore through 'Settings/Recovery/Advanced Startup' and it didn't work. Then I tried Windows 10 'refreshing' (re-installing). That not only didn't solve the UAC popup problem but added a huge new one to the whole mess: I lost all my non-Microsoft programs (Advanced System Care, Lightshot, etc), and now can't install them back anymore.

Yesterday I spent around an hour and a half online with a US-based Tech person from Microsoft's Help Desk. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't find a solution, and in the end I was told the only way out for me was to wipe my hard disk out and reinstall the original OS that came with my laptop -- in that case, it was Windows 7. However, this computer didn't come with a Reinstall disk; it only has a copy of Windows 7 in the 'D' drive so if I wipe everything out I won't have a way to reinstall the original OS. She said that in that case the only solution would be to buy a brand new Windows copy, but I simply can't afford that.

So as you can see it's like one of those 'Twilight Zone' episodes.

Does anyone know a solution for my case, please? I'll deeply appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

Paul

:)

pfields, Oct 2, 2015

2. User Account Control

I am currently the only user on my computer and I log in with my password. I was trying to run my weekly scan of my malware software and I got the "User Account Control" box which always pops up when I run the malware but now it is telling me "to continue,
    type an administrator password, and then click yes". I have never had to do that before. I was always able to just click yes to continue but now the "yes" button is grayed out and I thought being logged in with my microsoft account was all I needed. I have
    gone into the control panel to see if I could figure it out but of course I can't get past entering a password and not only that where would I type the password. I should also mention that I have had some other issues and was on a remote session with microsoft
    where they take control of your system and ever since that I have run into other issues! I don't want them messing with my computer anymore. I should have never installed Windows10! Oh well.....please help me User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it :)

Killmenow50, Oct 2, 2015
  3. I am not able to change my own account into administrator when I was and am the only user on computer on windows 10. Please help.

i typed in User Account Control Settings and again the administrator allowance pop-up again and the yes button was grayed out. You think I will need to put my computer into
    safe mode.

TheHawkeyeMan1, Oct 2, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

Try Option 2 in Brinks tutorial User account control, select which level of control you want.

Roy

hawkman, Oct 2, 2015
  5. pfields Win User
    Roy, thanks for your reply.

I found that 'Brinks tutorial' online, but it says, among other things: "3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

Now that's exactly the thing: when the User Account Control popup comes up, I would have to click the "YES" option, but the "YES" button is dead, grayed out; it doesn't work. And since I lost access to my Administrator account, I'm trapped in a loop.

pfields, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  3. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  4. Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11: Every time I want to use the option to control my computer the NO option comes up.How do I cure this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-is-disabled-in-uac-user-account-control/be21c9b4-4fe5-43f5-8c92-6fefbbf72f33
  5. Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11: Every time I want to use the option to control my computer the NO option comes up.How do I cure this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-is-disabled-in-uac-user-account-control/be21c9b4-4fe5-43f5-8c92-6fefbbf72f33
  6. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  7. Yes Button Grayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yes Button Grayed: How to enable Yes Button in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-grayed/0cce4655-5cc9-4fe7-b654-0f8071d64421
  8. Password prompt for User account control pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password prompt for User account control pop up: Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?...
  9. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...
  10. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button: Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update. Apparently a similar problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user account control panel missing yes button

2. user account control settings ok button greyed out

3. my account button pop up/out