Windows 10: User account creation--does nothing

Discus and support User account creation--does nothing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Got Win 10 installed with no issues. Tried to create a second user account and i get the spinning wheel of doom and nothing happens. Checked all the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jdsc727, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jdsc727 Win User

User account creation--does nothing

Got Win 10 installed with no issues. Tried to create a second user account and i get the spinning wheel of doom and nothing happens. Checked all the services associated with user accounts and restarted them as well. rebooted to safe mode and same thing.
    Anyone else have this happen or have a solution ?

TX
    Jeff

:)

jdsc727, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Cvickst Win User

Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation

I tried this before without success. When I type msoobe (after typing cd oobe) nothing happens. The user account creation wizard does not appear.

Cvickst, Jul 29, 2015
  3. unable to install Windows 10

0x800704DD means the Media Creation Tool was unable to connect to the internet via the BITS service, probably because it was launched elevated (as admin) in an account that is a standard user account. Please ensure you log into an account that is an admin
    on the system, then re-run the Media Creation Tool. Simply giving it permissions under a standard user account will fail because the BITS service does not inherit permissions from the Media Creation Tool, and then fails to connect.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Scott

ScottH [MSFT], Jul 29, 2015
  4. User account creation--does nothing

Hi Jeff,
    I have the excact same problem. I have upgraded my win 7 home to win 10, but with the media tool. The normal win update failed 8 times, beacause the boot.wim was missing in the downloaded package from win update...

I also have the same issue with creating or changing my local account to a microsoft login.
    So I can use win 10 for nothing, because the store functionallity is not present, with a local account.
    When trying to add, nothing happening, and also I cant change or login with a microsoft account, when clicking the link, nothing happens.

I have 4 other machines, witch altso cant upgrade from windows update, boot.wim is missing.

Any suggestions on the user problem outthere??

Best regards,
    Michael ,.dk

computermusen, Jul 30, 2015
  5. KMR
    kmr Win User
    Hi Jeff/Micheal,

I had the same problems after upgrading from Windows7. I managed to solve the problems by adding a new user account manually with cmd.

Run cmd as administrator and use the following commands:

net user /add useraccountname mypassword

net localgroup administrators useraccountname /add

net share concfg*C:\\/grant:useraccountname,full

net user useraccountname

Now there's a new user account created with the name: "useraccountname" and password: "mypassword".
    For me it was possible to switch to the new account and in the new account I was able to sign in to my Microsoft account.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Klaas

6. No, that didnt help me. I logged in to this new user created via cmd but I cant switch account to Microsoft login.
    Also adding a mailaccount isnt possible. Sp Im stuck with a local user in win 10 and therefore its not usable win 10. So much for win 10.....Win 10 is only good when using it in full, but this cant be done here. I have 3 other machines, that has the same setup as this one, none of the machines can login into anything related with a logon or adding something.

Anyone has other ideas?

Best regards

computermusen, Jul 31, 2015
  7. do you think those commands will work under X:/ (the cmd from windows 10 iso on usb?) this is because i can no longer boot into my desktop to use the normal CMD since i don't know the password to my local account :S

my problem got solved.
    try this guide with option 4! (get windows 10 iso on usb first!)

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015
  8. JSC
    Jsc Win User

None of those options work at all for me, and with the looks of this seems to be a pretty big bug. I do hope there is a update soon to fix this because not being able to connect my Microsoft account makes windows 10 kind of useless.

Thema:

1. User account creation--does nothing - Similar Threads - User account creation

2. Windows 11 account creation required for all users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 account creation required for all users?: I'm still using Windows 10 but considering upgrading to 11 - I read that the new update requires you to set up using a Windows account, which is fine for me as I already have one. But, on my home PC there is an account for me, my wife and my child. So the question is: If I...
  3. account creation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  4. account creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  5. account creation

6. How to undo creation of user account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to undo creation of user account?: Could somebody please tell me how do I undo what I've done?I tried to disable the login on my Win 10 Pro Home Theater PC following this - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-login-screen-on-startup/fda83de1-4fbd-40ae-bea0-677c6aad1a07...
  7. How to undo creation of user account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo creation of user account?: Could somebody please tell me how do I undo what I've done?I tried to disable the login on my Win 10 Pro Home Theater PC following this - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-login-screen-on-startup/fda83de1-4fbd-40ae-bea0-677c6aad1a07...
  8. How to undo creation of user account?

9. "Sign in to microsoft account " does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Sign in to microsoft account " does nothing: I recently changed from my microsoft account to local account to check it out and when i wanted to change back from local account to microsoft account i press the "sign with microsoft account" button and put in the details and when its finished and i press sign in it...
  10. New User Accounts Creation Problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Accounts Creation Problems: Windows 10 / Home / Lenovo i5 PC. Windows 10 was pre-installed (so not an upgrade from a previous version). When I create a new standard local user and try and log in to it Windows creates the icon for the account. However when I try to log in for the first time it does...