Windows 10: user account dialog always minimized on one system

Discus and support user account dialog always minimized on one system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 win 10 pro systems, a desktop and a laptop. There are several programs I run which require a confirmation from the user account dialog, such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, May 7, 2018.

1. rocket777 Win User

user account dialog always minimized on one system

I have 2 win 10 pro systems, a desktop and a laptop. There are several programs I run which require a confirmation from the user account dialog, such as backup programs and information programs, like cpu-z.

On the desktop, this dialog appears as a full screen message. However, on the laptop, this message is always minimized and I have to click on the icon in the taskbar in order to bring it to the front.

Is there a setting that determines which way this dialog presents itself? Why would this be different on the two systems?

:)

rocket777, May 7, 2018
Thema:

user account dialog always minimized on one system

1. user account dialog always minimized on one system - Similar Threads - user account dialog

2. Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User: I want to add a New User to my Computer so I do the basics "Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users". But when I click add another user the Microsoft Account window appears complete in its windows theme gray and it has its Application Text, Maximize, Minimize, and Close...
  3. Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User: I want to add a New User to my Computer so I do the basics "Settings>Accounts>Family & Other Users". But when I click add another user the Microsoft Account window appears complete in its windows theme gray and it has its Application Text, Maximize, Minimize, and Close...
  4. Microsft account dialog closes when adding a User

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. user account always changes while login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account always changes while login: Every time when I login to Windows 10, a new use account appears. So I have to configure my mail and programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-always-changes-while-login/951aaec5-07a0-4a99-826f-9f167ee49367
  6. Force "Save as" dialog to always run minimized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force "Save as" dialog to always run minimized?: That's it *Smile Win10 1909 x64, just wondering if there's any way to force the "Save as..." dialog to always load / run in minimized style, ie, in "hide folders" mode, so it takes up the least screen space? It remembers this setting within sessions only, and reverts to...
  7. Force "Save as" dialog to always run minimized?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force "Save as" dialog to always run minimized?: That's it *Smile Win10 1909 x64, just wondering if there's any way to force the "Save as..." dialog to always load / run in minimized style, ie, in "hide folders" mode, so it takes up the least screen space? It remembers this setting within sessions only, and reverts to...
  8. Users accounts and Microsoft One drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users accounts and Microsoft One drive: I have a new PC running Windows 10 64 bit. My user account is a windows local account not linked to Microsoft. And I won't change that for many reasons. I uninstalled One Drive I use drop box, don't want to use One Drive. However, I now have two user accounts on my...
  9. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  10. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button: Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update. Apparently a similar problem is...