Windows 10: User account disabled

Discus and support User account disabled in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On the login screen, I see my username and photo. I enter my pin, but then it tells me "This user cannot login because this account is disabled." If I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GuyInDogSuit, Sep 19, 2015.

1. User account disabled

On the login screen, I see my username and photo. I enter my pin, but then it tells me "This user cannot login because this account is disabled." If I enter my password instead, it tells me the password is wrong. I've tried rebooting into Safe Mode and checking the users (it was disabled, but "locked out" was grey and unchecked). I re-enabled it, logged out, then logged in successfully (still in Safe Mode). I rebooted the computer, and now it's locked out again. WTF?!

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 19, 2015

2. Error: User account is currently Disabled. Please check with your administrator.

Hi Sahil,

I tried running the methods in safe mode.

Method 1:

I cannot add another user from safe mode.

Method 2:

I ran the command prompt as instructed, nothing seemed to happen, however I am now locked out of the PC completely. See screen shot below:

User account disabled [​IMG]

When I click OK the same screen come up.

I have managed to create a bootable USB stick, so I can get back into safe mode. I tried the create password on cd or USB facility within the user account area under the control panel but this had no effect, however I may not have used it properly.

Any help would be appreciated, I can see that I can re-install windows 10, this would be a last resort though.

Kind Regards

Graeme

Graeme_Little, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Error: User account is currently Disabled. Please check with your administrator.

Hi,

Thanks for the updates. I appreciate your efforts and time in resolving the issue.

If you are unable to access any of the administrator accounts on your PC even after trying the methods mentioned above. You need to reinstall Windows 10 on your PC by booting from a bootable media.

Hope this information helps.

Sahil Bali, Sep 19, 2015
  4. User account disabled

Unfortunately, I could not figure out a remedy for this, so I had to do another fresh install of Windows 10. If anyone else has any solutions to this problem, short of what I did, post here so others may find it.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

User account disabled

1. User account disabled - Similar Threads - User account disabled

2. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  3. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  4. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling User Account Control Settings: I changed Administrator to All Users and I am getting these pop ups. How can I re-introduce Administrative Rights in User Accounts? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-user-account-control-settings/d20b5339-ebe0-42db-b261-310dbc13043f
  6. User account got disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account got disabled: When I am log in it say my administrator account got disabled. But I could open in safe mode. What should i do to solve my problem. Please someone will help me out....
  7. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  8. Tile disabled in an Users account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tile disabled in an Users account: Hi I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 and I updated it. I have created an Users account, and clicking on the Start, I noticed that most of the tiles (including that of the Store (beta)) are not enabled. Why? Thanks Bye 7431
  9. How to disable a user account in W10 Home?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable a user account in W10 Home?: I know I can't access the local users and groups policy in this version, but I can't figure on how to -temporarily- disable my kid's user account so that it cannot be logged in. Thanks! 23964
  10. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no...