Windows 10: User Account got screwed up...

Discus and support User Account got screwed up... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I got curious on how to set up privileges on Windows 10 to my current account and I followed the steps, I really don't know what's gonna happen so... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017.

1. zyxwz Win User

User Account got screwed up...

So I got curious on how to set up privileges on Windows 10 to my current account and I followed the steps,
    I really don't know what's gonna happen so I just started to do so, at cmd net user active:yes and created a Guest account. I switched it to guest account and while the system is preparing up to the newly switched Guest account, it got too long, So I forced it shut down.. after turning it ON again and went to settings and cmd, this is what I received.

I'm just new here, so if ever you'll find some discrepancies on my thread, please inform me.. thanks for your help.

User Account got screwed up... [​IMG]

User Account got screwed up... [​IMG]

:)

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  2. JoeAbt Win User

Netplwiz screwed up windows user accounts

Added- I cannot make a backup with either of the accounts either. Admin password doesn't work. I NEED HELP ASAP!!!

JoeAbt, Mar 2, 2017
  3. Netplwiz screwed up windows user accounts

Hi Joe,

We need to isolate the concern for us to know how to resolve it. Can you still log-in to a different account on your computer? If yes, check this
    article to learn what to do if you forget your Windows password. However, we also suggest that you provide us
    a screenshot of the error message when you log-in.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 2, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

So I got curious on how to set up privileges on Windows 10 to my current account

What were you hoping to achieve, initially; add Family, Guest or Local Account with or w/o Admin ? All of these are different categories with their own setup procedures.

mrgeek, Mar 2, 2017
  5. zyxwz Win User
    Hi mrgeek, thank you for the reply. I just want to achieve something, for example if I want to uninstall a software, it'll require an admininistrator password. Something like that. But unfortunately I got lost.

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    if I want to uninstall a software, it'll require an administrator password

So, you are not currently the Admin on this device ? Only that person can set privileges on new accounts.

mrgeek, Mar 2, 2017
  7. zyxwz Win User
    Exactly, but can I make my account as an admin? So that I will not make a new account just to make it as an admin just to do so..

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

No, only the device Admin can assign admin privileges to your acct. You don't need an admin acct to uninstall some programs but you DO need his/her pass/PIN when the popup appears. I have several machines that I manage but I set them up with Local Accounts, non-admin, to reduce chance of malware install or messing up settings. They have to call me to remotely fill in my password/PIN when required.

mrgeek, Mar 2, 2017
  9. zyxwz Win User
    Indeed,Before uninstalling, making changes to the device, it needs an admin password. I want that to happen in my device! Can you guide me? Thankyou in advanced.

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    Sorry, you NEED the device Administrator to change your account or fill in the prompt when required.

mrgeek, Mar 2, 2017
  11. zyxwz Win User
    Hmm. It seems that I am the administrator but it just needs to do something in order to be like that. Or is it not allowed because of the OS version? Win10 Home is mine.

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  12. mrgeek Win User
    What software are you trying to uninstall ? I see from the screen shot in post 1 that you were able to open command prompt as Admin. If you can do this, activate the hidden Admin acct from an Admin command prompt. Type: Net user administrator /active:yes then Enter. This will bypass all UAC prompts.
    You do NOT want to run your device under this super-admin because viruses or malware can install w/o impediment. So, restart to get back your normal account or sub no for yes in above command. Good Luck. Mark topic solved if this fixes your issue

mrgeek, Mar 2, 2017
  13. zyxwz Win User

Thankyou for the advice, I will de-activate it as soon I get my hands on my laptop again. I very well appreciate it.

zyxwz, Mar 2, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    Be very careful. Make sure you ALWAYS have at least one user account that is an administrator, especially when the time comes to deactivate the built-in Administrator.

If you accidentally remove all your administrators it's a very complicated process to undo that mistake.

Thema:

1. User Account got screwed up... - Similar Threads - User Account got

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  4. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  5. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  6. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Account sign in screwed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account sign in screwed up: So, I got a new computer and now File Explorer doesn't show my Onedrive files. Just local files. So I tried to fix it, following directions on a forum, and I signed into a temporary local account, booted, then tried to sign in again to my Microsoft account. Now I can't sign...
  8. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  9. User name change screw up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name change screw up: Hallo, I kept noticing my pc had like "Sebas"the display name like when you open cmd prompt without administrator, I tried to change thatand I didn't really like being called that name so I tried to change it but it just screwed up my entire pc what I did to try and change...
  10. user account tied with school account screw up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account tied with school account screw up: Ok I didn't realize this at the time but I started school last year at a local community college and I'm an IT major. I've been out of computers for a long time and starting this I purchased a laptop got a copy of windows 10 education from the school and installed it on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netplwiz screwed up password