Windows 10: User account issue (w/ other issues)

Discus and support User account issue (w/ other issues) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently i allowed a family member use my only pc, and somehow user accts is corrupted. The pc went into automatic repair, it couldnt perform it. In... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pathfinder, Dec 23, 2017.

1. User account issue (w/ other issues)

Recently i allowed a family member use my only pc, and somehow user accts is corrupted. The pc went into automatic repair, it couldnt perform it. In advanced options, tried using recovery flash drive, that failed to execute- i dont know why, then system repair, failed! Then system restore, guess what? Failed. The only option that does work in advanced option is the command prompt. I only need a command line to use to regain control and login . i even scanned with chkdsk/f/r it found nothing wrong. I can still boot into a flash drive or inserted disk- but anything resembling recover or restore is still a mystery. The last resort would be to buy an install disk and choose to repair or reinstall windows - i have the (key). Iam asking this on any tech forum to try compare results.

:)

Pathfinder, Dec 23, 2017

2. Issues with Other User Accounts on Windows 10

The administrator account is a Microsoft account the other user account is not.

Baz Philpott, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Issues with Other User Accounts on Windows 10

An administrator of the pc has set me up as a user. I have verified my email address and tried to log on and the computer goes from telling me 'welcome' to telling me 'signing out'.

The administrator has tried inviting me to become a user and we have done the same thing and get the same response when trying to log on.

We have restarted the PC and are still unable to sign me in.

Very frustrating - cannot work out why this is happening or how to fix it.

Does anyone know how we should go about adding me as a user who can actually log in?!

Baz Philpott, Dec 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

User account issue (w/ other issues)

You don't need to buy a install DVD they are free to download from ms and will have the latest release you don't need a key it's all registered with ms. So if you download that you have three options create a new user via cmd line and login with that. Boot DVD and do a repair from there. Boot DVD and do a clean install which is quickest and best options but you would loose any data not on onedrive.Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Samuria, Dec 23, 2017
  5. A few things that you can try. If this happened recently then start with option 1 which will restore your last registry backup

option 1
    Cmd prompt type the followingXcopy c:\Windows\System32\config\regback c:\Windows\System32\config (change drive letter if necessary)

Option 2
    Click on Start menuType in cmd Right click on cmd in list and select run as administrator 1. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth 2. Sfc /Scannow
    Option 3
    Windows All in One Repair Toolhttps://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/Download either the portable or install program1. Start computer in Safe Mode2. Disable any Anti-Virus programs3. Start the program4. When program first starts it will run quick file check5. Click on the X button after the scan shows Done!6. Click on Settings tab and Select Check for Updates7. Click on Pre-Repair Steps Tab and Run All 4 Steps8. Select both Registry Backup and Create System Restore9. Click Presets: All Repairs10. Click Start Repairs
    Option 4 - Reset, reinstall or clean install
    In order to reinstall Windows 10, make a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool, Download Windows 10

How to Reset Windows 10Do not do any of the above unless you have backed up your user data firstRefreshing Windows 10 will cause you to lose all your installed apps, third party programs but you will allow you the option to keep your personal files. To refresh your Windows 10 follow these steps: 1. Boot to Safe mode using one of the options in the following link How to Boot Into Safe Mode on Windows 8 or 10 (The Easy Way) 2. After your computer restarts choose Troubleshoot. 3. Now click Advanced. 4. Choose Reset this PC and choose Keep my files. 5. The refreshing process will start. This will take a while so be patient.Reset this PC: Restore Windows 10 to factory settings without losing files.

Techjourney, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Noone is willing to help me create iso file. I now have the option of keep asking for help, letting issue drag on into new year, or send to repairs. Ive tried to create new user, but it failed to do so. I cant boot into safe mode, nor sys restore nor restore with sys image. I cant reset with recovery either.. I only have CMD option. I have access to notepad and registry thats all. If anyone has good hints to use the command prompt to try regain control of pc, that would be great.

Pathfinder, Dec 25, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User account issue (w/ other issues)

1. User account issue (w/ other issues) - Similar Threads - User account issue

2. How to fix other user issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix other user issue: I have only one account and i restarted my pc then for some reason when it started it said log in with other user with a username and password , I tried my username and password and it’s not working and when I try to reset my pc or use image recovery it still doesn’t work and...
  3. How to fix other user issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix other user issue: I have only one account and i restarted my pc then for some reason when it started it said log in with other user with a username and password , I tried my username and password and it’s not working and when I try to reset my pc or use image recovery it still doesn’t work and...
  4. How to fix other user issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. new user account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    new user account issues: hi there: I created a new user account because my old one was corrupted. Two issues. 1 I switched from local account to my MS account. Issue is, the background color, like having folders in the dark mode, etc. did not sync or carry over. What is happening there? 2 Why...
  6. other user login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  7. Permissions issue with a User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  8. Other user logon issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Other user logon issue: I recently received a re-imaged computer upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, when I use my docking station, and begin a logon with my user name and password, it stays on the "other user" profile for at least 5 minutes before getting to my personal profile, then takes...
  9. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  10. User Account Issue

User Account Issue: Hello, I have lost the use of my user account, i cannot delete, change anything on my laptop, the user account window appears and in the past i had an option to use either YES or NO i only get NO and have to log in as administrator i do not see where to do this, i may have...