Windows 10: User account permissions need resetting.

Discus and support User account permissions need resetting. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account. As a standard user I am able to access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kol12, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Kol12 Win User

User account permissions need resetting.

I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account.

As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.
    @fdegrove has already suggested running an acl.bat as detailed here, post #39 Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user? - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

but it has not fixed my user permissions.

Has anyone got any ideas?

:)

Kol12, Sep 26, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How to authorize my son to install software without my having to log onto the computer

Only an account with Administrator permissions can install software. Your son would need to log into a user account with Administrator permissions or he would need to know the password to an account with Administrator permissions.

BulldogXX, Sep 26, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Account type

Sign into Windows with an account that has Administrator permissions.

Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Accounts > double click on the user you wish to demote > select Standard > click on the Change Account Type button.

A Windows PC only needs to have one user account with Administrator permissions. The other accounts, including your account, should have Standard permissions.

BulldogXX, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Kol12 Win User

Kol12, Sep 26, 2016
  5. elliose Win User
    You should not assign full permissions to everyone.
    Here's the default permissions for C:\Users on my computer:

User account permissions need resetting. [​IMG]

elliose, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Kol12 Win User
    Mine looks the same. I think my issue is in the sharing section of the user folders. As you can see under the sharing tab "everyone" has full access.

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User account permissions need resetting. - Similar Threads - User account permissions

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  4. To Reset Default user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Reset Default user permissions: I want to reset all default permissions to my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-reset-default-user-permissions/13ef7e2e-fad5-40f3-8b3c-f4beb09150f1
  5. USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HACKED BADLY AND THE HACKER HAS CHANGED USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISIONS BLOCKING ME FROM HAVING ADMIN ACCESS AND EVEN MY TROUBLESHOOTER IS UNACCESSABLE NOW AS I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO FIX ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH IM THE OWNER AND SOLE USER OF THIS LAPTOP SINCE I...
  6. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  7. Need help resetting permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help resetting permissions: I had a problem with some file encryption and accidentally messed up the permissions on my PC, I have been trying all day but I cannot access files on both of my drives. Would really like some help on quick assist since I have been trying for hours and already failed at all...
  8. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  9. Permissions issue with a User account

Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  10. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting pc local account microsoft account permission and access issues