Windows 10: User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

Discus and support User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen. FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hakimmail, Aug 9, 2015.

1. hakimmail Win User

User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen.
    FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I don't want to reset my Windows 10.

:)

hakimmail, Aug 9, 2015

2. Sign Out/Lock/Restart from Account with Picture Password shows only that account on Windows 10 lock screen

It seems that, like Windows 8/8.1, the picture password screen in Window 10 is not designed to show the available accounts on the system where it's installed--just the picture sign-in for the current user (or user when the system went into sleep mode or
    was shutdown). While the 8/8.1 picture password screen featured an arrow in the upper left of the screen to return to the screen showing available accounts, the means to access them in Windows 10 is to use the Sign-In options link to switch to the regular
    alphanumeric password screen, which shows available accounts, allowing users to switch easily between them.

Scott G. Michael, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Picture on Welcome Page after Windows10 update KB3176936

A new update was installed yesterday 8-28-16 (Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 based systems KB3176936) yesterday on my laptop but not my desktop. It changed alot of my settings which I was able to fix. But since the update my picture on the Welcome Screen
    will not show up. It is correct on my Users Page. On the Personalization Page, Lock Screen the wording for the picture has changed. It used to say "Show Windows background Picture on Sign In Screen" (it is like that on my desktop). On my Laptop it says
    " Show Lock Screen background Picture on Sign In Screen". Does anyone know how to get the "Windows Picture" back on the Welcome Screen??

Thanks in advance.

Jack - SueHanrahan, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

1. User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10 - Similar Threads - User account picture

2. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  3. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  4. Welcome screen pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome screen pictures: What is the difference between "Pictures", "Pictures" second in list, and Slideshow in Welcome screen picture choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-pictures/846a34a7-1686-4ac0-ab4f-8cee8be1a7be
  5. Windows 10 Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Welcome Screen Picture: Hello everyone. I would like to make a question. Do you know what is the location of Welcome Screen Pictures (Windows 10). No the wallpapers.. The pictures before we log in to windows. Thank you very much....
  6. welcome screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen picture: How do I change my welcome screen picture back to random win10 selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-picture/c789b96c-f67f-4bd0-95bc-561fddfac598
  7. Picture on welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Picture on welcome screen: I would like to know how to find out the signification of the picture on the welcome screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-welcome-screen/6940d10a-3c12-4987-b654-4784635335f9
  8. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786
  9. Account picture does not show on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account picture does not show on welcome screen: I can't figure why I get the generic gray circle with the person on it on my welcome screen when my computer starts up. My account shows my picture as a gold fish. My computer was set to auto login before I made the switch from windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 and has been...
  10. how to show your picture at the welcome screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how to show your picture at the welcome screen in windows 10: My picture shows up when I logon/off but not at windows startup welcome screen. Thank you. 14696