Windows 10: user account restore

Discus and support user account restore in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, How can I restore administrator account and other users deleted from windows 10. Neither options suggested by Microsoft forums work. One is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Azrael1964, Sep 6, 2015.

1. user account restore

Hi all,
    How can I restore administrator account and other users deleted from windows 10. Neither options suggested by
    Microsoft forums work. One is blocked by UAC prompts requiring admin password, and where I can open command prompt and enable the administrator, no other user shows up and no other command can be accepted without administrator access. You can see what Ive tried by reading the thread in Microsoft community.
    Can anyone help?

:)

Azrael1964, Sep 6, 2015

2. how to restore user accounts

Dear all,

I run into a similar problem as you guys, where i had only one user instead of the ones i had and my admin one.

1. The procedure i followed was pressing windows + R

2. write netplwiz

3. find the username that used to be my administrator

4. click on properties

5. By the box that opened i chose Group Membership

6. Set the level of grant to Administrator as it was

7. Apply the settings and then by restarting the pc i had as a choice to login with my admin account

Hope that helps some of you. If by step 3 you can't find your old admin account then it is deleted and this solution would not apply to you.

Philippos_144, Sep 6, 2015
  3. how to restore user accounts

Dear All

My son (gamer) did the same to my Desktop PC.

I was the administrator but not anymore and nor is he or his account. Nobody seems to be the administrator on this PC of mine, but I cannot even follow your instructions above, as soon as want to use the C:> Prompt editor i need to provide admin rights
    in any UAC task.

I have reset the PC but still both our accounts are local Users and how to I get my admin account back on my side?

WilliamHyman, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

user account restore

1. user account restore - Similar Threads - user account restore

2. Restore deleted admin user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore deleted admin user account: I've somehow deleted other user accounts on my laptop running Windows 11 and my user account is no longer an administrator. I am unable to restore the deleted user account as it asks for an administrator password, but there is no administrator account now. Most of the already...
  3. Restore deleted admin user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore deleted admin user account: I've somehow deleted other user accounts on my laptop running Windows 11 and my user account is no longer an administrator. I am unable to restore the deleted user account as it asks for an administrator password, but there is no administrator account now. Most of the already...
  4. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  5. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  6. Restore user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user account: Can I get help restoring a user account? the folder is in the users folder and I can see the user when I type netplwizard in the windows + R command but I can't log into it. tried asking microsoft support however it took me 15 minutes to explain to the first person I was...
  7. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  8. How to restore deleted user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore deleted user account?: One of my family members deleted an important account on my PC while messing around. Fortunately, they decided to keep all the files. I am wondering how can I restore the profile to the login screen with all of the contents intact....
  9. TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TEMP User account is now default. Need to restore my user account: After Updating automatically, my PC is showing the TEMP User, not my user account. I can't get to my user account. Help! Files are all on my PC, but I can't access them in the TEMP User mode. How do I restore my settings to my own User account? Thank you in advance....
  10. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...