Windows 10: User Account settings screen, in endless loop

Discus and support User Account settings screen, in endless loop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to fix a friends computer that was upgraded to win10 automatically (not sure from what os before). It's an HP laptop and a mess, fixed most... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stevej0bs, Jun 11, 2016.

1. stevej0bs Win User

User Account settings screen, in endless loop

I am trying to fix a friends computer that was upgraded to win10 automatically (not sure from what os before). It's an HP laptop and a mess, fixed most issues but can't figure this one.

Start menu... settings... user accounts

On this screen it should show the account settings but it is in an endless loop, the progress bar on the top with the moving circles keeps going and going, for over an hour now sitting on this screen. The screen is blank. It's the "Your Email and Accounts" tab. First in the list.

Is there a known fix for this? Thank you for any help

:)

stevej0bs, Jun 11, 2016
  2. dredja Win User

I cant confiure mail in Nokia Asha 302

I have the same problem - changed SIM and cannot access mail. Accept/Reject terms screen in an endless loop. Cannot choose email server, cannot setup account. The mail function is useless.

dredja, Jun 11, 2016
  3. matty2011 Win User
    Endlessly waiting for Windows 10 Settings, Accounts, Your email and accounts to populate

I'm trying to solve what seems like the same issue with lack of functionality in Settings/Accounts:

- Clicking on "Your email and accounts" leads to an endless loop of "..."

- In "Sign-in options", clicking on Password, PIN, or Work PIN doesn't do anything

- "Add Someone Else to This PC" doesn't work (click and nothing happens

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter didn't fix it.

The above instructions (Windows + X, Control Panel, User Accounts, Manage another account, Add a new user, Add someone else to this PC didn't work because it opens the same Settings/Accounts control panel that doesn't work in the first place.

HELP.

matty2011, Jun 11, 2016
  4. stevej0bs Win User

I did find some other topics about this problem but no solutions. Only to repair the windows installation. I cannot lose any of the applications installed so this is not an option. I hope there is another solution somewhere.

stevej0bs, Jun 11, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi stevej0bs and welcome to Tenforums.
    You can try a repair install using an in-place upgrade. That will retain all applications and data. But, it's always a good idea to have a backup before doing anything like this, just in case. Just watch the video - it's a very easy thing to do. Please ask if you have any questions.

simrick, Jun 11, 2016
  6. stevej0bs Win User
    I overlooked the part it said it keeps apps and settings. Thanks for that link. I'd rather not do this if I do not have to, but I guess I have no other options...

stevej0bs, Jun 11, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    It's really painless - I've done it several times on machines, and advised others here on the forums to do it, and it works well. Always resolved the problems I was fighting.

simrick, Jun 11, 2016
  8. stevej0bs Win User

Besides the user account screen the laptop appears to be working fine. I'm charging my friend's mom an hourly rate and I don't want to charge too much I've already done a lot. This older model HP laptop she claims updated itself to win10, and was a total disaster with compatibility issues like the fingerprint scanner causing the cursor to be corrupted and the process starting and stopping in the background every 5 seconds. Other older drivers that weren't updated or not compatible. I'll give it back to her and say to bring it back if something messes up again, I'll do that repair. I am a mac guy and not that familiar with win10, I just installed it last month on my gaming pc but don't use it for anything else so the OS is still new to me. Thanks again.

stevej0bs, Jun 11, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Well, I'm sure you will see what a great OS W10 is on your gaming pc, and you'll be hooked for sure! *Wink And, this is THE PLACE to come for help!

If you have any issues, please ask here. Hopefully the repair install will fix everything. Good luck!

p.s. Thanks for the rep. *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User Account settings screen, in endless loop - Similar Threads - User Account settings

2. Verification endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification endless loop: Hi Iv'e been trying for moths to grant consent to my kid as memeber to use his new PC. Never occured. Yesterday spent over 2 hours chatting with a Microsoft help desk memeber case 1046503066We tried removing the account, creating a new one for my kids, etc etc everything...
  3. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  4. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  5. Sign in - Endless loop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in - Endless loop.: I turn on computer and get the first splash screen, I hit enter so I can enter my password, however, this is we’re the problem starts. After I hit enter the screen that appears shows my user name but no rectangular box to enter my password. It just has the words sign in. I...
  6. Endless select account loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endless select account loop: Everytime i open my pc it goes to this screen and i can only choose my ’microsoft account’ or ’forgot your password or dont see your account’ and when i choose the password option it only lets me to restart the pc. When i choose my account it says my password is incorrect...
  7. Endless loop of blue screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Endless loop of blue screens.: Hi, this one's a bit of a mess. So weeks ago I started having trouble with sound not working on my laptop but I ignored it since sound was working on my second moniter. Today, I decided I wanted sound on my laptop because of its better quality sound. So, I, not knowing much...
  8. Endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless boot loop: My wife's Dell has now gone into an endless boot loop with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen error. At one point I was able to get into the windows auto recovery screen but now I can not even get that far. Now I know my best option is to make a boot USB and run the...
  9. Endless BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Endless BSOD loop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bear_Maniac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esv8na/endless_bsod_loop/
  10. Endless start loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless start loop: Have just installed 10 on a spare drive and installed that drive into my Sandy Bridge and the machine is now going through an endless loop of start up. I can hear it make some sort of noise as if something wants to go and I have again tried the machine with the old 7...