Windows 10: user account windows 10

Discus and support user account windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; in windows 10 one can use either local or Microsoft account . which is the preferable account to use ? 39019 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by samabba, Jan 28, 2016.

1. samabba Win User

user account windows 10

in windows 10 one can use either local or Microsoft account . which is the preferable account to use ?

:)

samabba, Jan 28, 2016

2. video tdr failure in windows 10

well..after upgrade to windows 10 and update all drivers still occurring the message video tdr failure. Was checking the last driver from intel, install but no hope.

maybe intel guys will fix their driver and we will joy our computers without having this annoying error message.

windows 10 user, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Cannot unlock my drive locked with bitlocker after installing windows 10

After installing windows 10, I cannot unlock one of my drives ( Drive D ) locked with bitlocker. I get an error that the password entered is incorrect but I'm pretty sure I'm using the right password. The other drive ( Drive E ) unlocks without displaying any
    errors.

When I set the bitlocker password, I deleted the recovery key thinking it was unnecessary as I would remember the password. But I regret it now because even though I remember the password, I'm not able to unlock the drive.

With a little bit of research over the internet, I found that few others have faced this problem too. But after a few windows updates the problem was fixed. But in my case that ain't working either, as I get an error ( error code : 0x80240fff ) while trying
    to run the windows update.

I reinstalled windows 10 hoping for these issues to be solved, but both these issues still remain.

Can someone help me with some suggestions please?

Tried fixes :

1) Deleting SoftwareDistribution folder.

2) Running sfc/scannow

3) Re-installing windows 10

windows-10-user, Jan 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

user account windows 10

Hello and welcome to Ten Forums *Smile

This tutorial has a good comparison of the local vs the Microsoft account:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

I use a Microsoft account because of the way it syncs my settings automatically across all the PCs I use.

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    1st off, Welcome to Windows 10 forum samabba!! I personally prefer using my MS account, works best for me. But here is a link for you to read that will show you the differences between the 2, maybe this will help you decide. *Smile
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

user account windows 10

1. user account windows 10 - Similar Threads - user account

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  5. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  6. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  7. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  8. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  10. I can not log into my user account profile

I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...