Windows 10: User Account

Discus and support User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have only one user account on win 10. It is a local user account with no admin rights. Presently I cannot make any changes to the computer, can't get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017.

1. jmarsh98 Win User

User Account

I have only one user account on win 10. It is a local user account with no admin rights. Presently I cannot make any changes to the computer, can't get into system restore, because the window pops up asking if I want to make changes and the only option give is no. I can only look at device manage and can not make an changes. I don't have disks and since I can' get into system restore to either go back to a earlier restore point or to reinstall win 10, I seem to be kind of stuck. When I go to accounts their is no option to select Family & Other people.

Anyone have any idea's. Thanks for any help you can give.

jmrarsh98

:)

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Urgent - sync error as account blocked from exceeded allowed no. of attempts to sign in

Urgent

Hi,

Unable to sync from the phone to the online account due to a sync error - account blocked from exceeded allowed no. of attempts to sign in. Unable to reset the password either. Able to advise how to enable the sync and to access the online account so as to
    sync from the online account to the phone? Thanks.

Account blocked user, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

User Account

Hi there, jmarsh98. Welcome to TenForums. How did you obtain the local user account? During install?

Tony K, Jul 8, 2017
  5. jmarsh98 Win User
    Using the run command I typed in netplzwin to try and change my login so I wouldn't need a password, and of course I made some stupid entries and think I deleted a user account most likely the account with admin rights

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    I see. I suggest next time there's no need to mess around in there. It can be performed in the Settings app now.

I don't think you deleted the admin account, but rather broke it. How are you able to get on the computer? I mean where did this local account come from that you are using?

Tony K, Jul 8, 2017
  7. jmarsh98 Win User
    it's the same user account I've been using but admin rights were taken away that is what I broke. Now I don't have any idea how to fix it. I use a wireless usb adapter and I was at my daughters house and noticed I could not connect. Went to device manager to activate the disabled network adapter but I could not make any changes to device manager. Went home and my router still did not recognize the usb adapter but I had the old one it was still enabled so I used it to get online. That is when I started finding out that nothing was working correctly. It has only been about a month so I guess I just haven't put anything new on the computer.

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

User Account

Hi there. Ok I see. Do you remember at all what you did in that account?

Tony K, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    Press and hold Windows key then press R > Type netplwiz.exe > Highlight your user name/account with right click > Choose properties > Group membership tab > Is Administrator chosen there? If not, choose that then click apply.

Tony K, Jul 8, 2017
  10. jmarsh98 Win User
    Box pops up asking if I want to allow this app to make changes to this computer? It only gives one option No the yes option does not even show it's not shaded it's just not there

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jul 8, 2017
  12. jmarsh98 Win User
    Tried this could not use option 4 ended up in option 5 which was a reinstall of win 10. Thought this would fix problem but alas it is now worse. I have a new win 10 installed still don't have admin priv. so I can't even reinstall the programs that were there. Now on different computer not sure where to go from here.

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

User Account

Hi.
    Enabling the Hidden Administrator Account as Eagle suggested would allow you to give admin rights to your limited account from the hidden admin account. It would also allow you to create another admin user account, in case your limited account has become corrupt. I don't understand how it would make things worse?

And now you've reinstalled W10? Exactly what were the steps taken to do that? A clean install would automatically give you an admin user account.

simrick, Jul 8, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Sorry to see you're having worse problems. Not sure what you mean by option 5, for that's not listed in the tutorial. Could it be you did a system repair instead of an install? Sounds to me that's what you did and may have carried that broken account over. Not sure.

Did you turn on System Protection to use a restore point before all this by any chance? If not, I suggest when you get this fixed that you do turn it on.

Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Did you create any backup disks by any chance? Again, if not I suggest when you get this fixed that you do so.

Create System Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

For now, you may want to try this fix in this MS Community Wiki. A rather long one I know, but the fix is in there by using safe mode. Forget the grey-out subject in the title. It doesn't apply to you.

If the Admin prompt has a greyed out or missing Yes button but no - Microsoft Community

It's either that or perform a clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

I hope that helps.

Tony K, Jul 8, 2017
  15. jmarsh98 Win User
    How can I do a clean install I can't make a bootable disc, I can't make any kind of files, I cannot make any changes to the computer, I did the hard restart until a menu came up offering me 3 choices, I selected troubleshoot which was refresh or reset your pc, or use advanced tools. there were no options in advanced tools so I selected reset keeping my files. At this point windows 10 is installed and no other programs are installed. I can't even make the mouse work, it does not seem to recognize the usb for the mouse wired or wireless, only allows me to use touch pad. It did recognize the usb netwrk adapter but I can't do anything anytime I try to make any changes the window pops up no is on option.

jmarsh98, Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

User Account

1. User Account - Similar Threads - User Account

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  5. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  6. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  7. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  8. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  10. I can not log into my user account profile

I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...