Windows 10: User accounts and folders

Discus and support User accounts and folders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am wondering whats the best owner account to use on user folders. Currently it was either system or unknown. I have been having trouble with a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by swarfega, Aug 27, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

User accounts and folders

I am wondering whats the best owner account to use on user folders. Currently it was either system or unknown.

I have been having trouble with a game not saving every time I saved which is why I thought of this.

However I have now changed the owner on each user folder to my account.

See screenshots.

User accounts and folders [​IMG]

User accounts and folders [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Aug 27, 2016

2. User account and user folder issue

You bet! You an also right-click the Start button (the menu there has a shortcut to the Admin command prompt), or you can always just find the command prompt icon shortcut and right-click it to Run-as-admin (the Ctrl-Shift-Enter is just the keyboard shortcut
    for that).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 27, 2016
  3. User account and user folder issue

Thanks. That brings up the administrator command prompt I was looking for , C:\windows\system32>

MarcGR1710, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

User accounts and folders

1. User accounts and folders - Similar Threads - User accounts folders

2. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  3. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  4. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  5. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  6. User folders and Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folders and Microsoft account ?: I have now changed so I log on with my Microsoft account. If I look in the Users folder there is NO folder with my MSAcount name ! On the other hand there IS a folder for the a user I way back used - I think that a local account - right ? How do I get rid of that - OR...
  7. user account folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account folder name: When I set up my new computer it used part of my ms acct phone number for my user account folder name. How do I change this folder name to my first name or some other name?...
  8. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  9. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  10. Renaming User Accounts and their folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming User Accounts and their folders: In a short while I will be purchasing a Windows 10 PC, but I am not sure if I'll be able to tell them I want to install Win10 myself or if they'll do it for me. The point is, all the software I've collected, executables and all, is stored in my present Windows 7 folder:...