Windows 10: User accounts switching problem

Discus and support User accounts switching problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two users on my windows10. One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by engrbilal, Sep 1, 2015.

1. engrbilal Win User

User accounts switching problem

I have two users on my windows10.
    One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account that is without outlook id automatically sign-in's to the PC without poping up the screen which shows both the user names... from which i can select the account which i want to connect to at that time.

:)

engrbilal, Sep 1, 2015

2. Beware: in 1511 switching user accounts without logging out ruins desktop icon positions

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Please help by providing the following information
    . It will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

1. What video card and drivers? (For this , I have sent you a Private Message to gather the logs, please look into the Private Message section and reply to the same)

2. What Display Devices are connected to the computer and how are they connected?

Anannya Podder, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Beware: in 1511 switching user accounts without logging out ruins desktop icon positions

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for reporting this bug to us.

We appreciate you for taking your time to let us know about this. This will allow us to fix the issue and provide better experience in the future to the users.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated
    Feedback App
    . Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback
    to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have
    Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select
    Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data
    , select an option.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello engrbilal, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you wanted to see the sign-in screen with both accounts listed, then here's a couple of things below to check:

1) The local account without an email address has a password added to it.

2) Make sure that you have Windows not set to automatically sign in to an account at startup.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. User accounts switching problem - Similar Threads - User accounts switching

2. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  3. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  4. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  5. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  6. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  7. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  8. Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account: In Windows 10 on a home computer, if I sign into a user account, then switch to the administrator account, then switch back to the user account, I have to sign in to the user account again. Why if I'm already signed in? How do I fix this?...
  9. Problems Switching Accounts

Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...
  10. My admin account switched to a user account!

My admin account switched to a user account!: My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure. I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL... I really need some help to try to fix this issue. The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on. All I...