Windows 10: User files on Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support User files on Windows 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I did some searching and THINK I can do what I'm wanting to do... but want to make sure. Long story short, my HD failed, had to buy a new HD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by renoir40, Jul 27, 2016.

1. renoir40 Win User

User files on Windows 10 reinstall

Hi.

I did some searching and THINK I can do what I'm wanting to do... but want to make sure.

Long story short, my HD failed, had to buy a new HD, Install Windows 7 from my disc then upgrade to windows 10 on the new drive.

I was able to User folders to DVD discs (Mine and Wifes user folders). Basically just copied the entire folder trees.

Is it as simple as copy/pasting to the user folders on the new HD from the DVD discs? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

:)

renoir40, Jul 27, 2016

2. video tdr failure in windows 10

well..after upgrade to windows 10 and update all drivers still occurring the message video tdr failure. Was checking the last driver from intel, install but no hope.

maybe intel guys will fix their driver and we will joy our computers without having this annoying error message.

windows 10 user, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Cannot unlock my drive locked with bitlocker after installing windows 10

After installing windows 10, I cannot unlock one of my drives ( Drive D ) locked with bitlocker. I get an error that the password entered is incorrect but I'm pretty sure I'm using the right password. The other drive ( Drive E ) unlocks without displaying any
    errors.

When I set the bitlocker password, I deleted the recovery key thinking it was unnecessary as I would remember the password. But I regret it now because even though I remember the password, I'm not able to unlock the drive.

With a little bit of research over the internet, I found that few others have faced this problem too. But after a few windows updates the problem was fixed. But in my case that ain't working either, as I get an error ( error code : 0x80240fff ) while trying
    to run the windows update.

I reinstalled windows 10 hoping for these issues to be solved, but both these issues still remain.

Can someone help me with some suggestions please?

Tried fixes :

1) Deleting SoftwareDistribution folder.

2) Running sfc/scannow

3) Re-installing windows 10

windows-10-user, Jul 27, 2016
  4. User files on Windows 10 reinstall

It is as easy as copying them back to the same folders on the new drive. However, if you start getting Access Denied messages when you go to use those files, you'll want to follow a tutorial on here regarding "Taking Ownership" of those files.

DeaconFrost, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

User files on Windows 10 reinstall

1. User files on Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - User files reinstall

2. Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved: Hi guys!I just reinstalled windows10, finding all of my encrypted files cannot be opened.But i saved all the old windows user files.Is it possible to recover the files?Thank you!...
  3. Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved: Hi guys!I just reinstalled windows10, finding all of my encrypted files cannot be opened.But i saved all the old windows user files.Is it possible to recover the files?Thank you!...
  4. Recovering encrypted files after reinstall of Windows 10 with all old user files saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recover files afer reinstalling Windows 10?

Recover files afer reinstalling Windows 10?: My daughter bought a new laptop and left her old one when she moved out of th ehouse. I took the old one, reinstalled the OS Windows 10 using the built in recovery process this was a while ago so I don't remember exactly what I did and put it away in a drawer for some months....
  6. Combining User Files in Window 10

Combining User Files in Window 10: I have the following 8 Folders in my C:/Users Folder: Administrator, Judy, Public, Judy Burmeister, Default, DefaultAppPool, LogMeInRemoteUser, and Default migrated. Can I copy the contents of the smaller ones and paste them in the largest one and then delete seven of...
  7. Renaming users file on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming users file on windows 10: I just made a windows 10 account and I noticed that my user file was half my name with a bunch of random numbers after it. How do I change this? I do not remember an option given to change the name of it. submitted by /u/RiceIceRice [link] [comments]...
  8. REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 FOR NEW USER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 FOR NEW USER: Not sure if this is the right category to post in but here goes. I'm 'inheriting' my daughters Windows 10 computer she is getting a new gaming rig. Anyway would like to completely reinstall windows with my user account and no trace of her old stuff. What is the best route to...
  9. Windows 10 user files will not load

Windows 10 user files will not load: Hello, My Windows 10 profile is the admin account for our computer. When I log in, the desk-top looks as it did when I first bought the computer (Initial OS was Windows 10). If I go to folders such as documents and photos, none of my files are available; almost as if the...
  10. Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.

Decrypting files after reinstalling windows 10.: I encrypted a lot of files some time ago. It became necessary for me to reinstall Windows 10. The "user" that encrypted the files disappeared after the reinstall and, after creating another login, I can't decrypt my files. I go to the Properties of any of these files &...