Windows 10: User folder says empty

Discus and support User folder says empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by debdedoos, Jun 6, 2016.

1. debdedoos Win User

User folder says empty

I have just bought a new laptop and have added it to my network, I am trying to open the user file from another computer on the network but when I open it I get a pop up that says the file is empty. I can access it from my little note book and all the files are there but not from my other 2 laptops. I have checked all the file sharing settings and they are all ticked for file sharing on the network.

:)

debdedoos, Jun 6, 2016
  2. Aock Win User

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder"

I keep getting this error message when trying to delete an empty user folder. I deleted the user account already off of my computer and I am the only one with an account on my computer anymore, and there was still a user folder in 'Users' that was completely
    empty.

I have full 100% admin access to the folder. I've tried shredding the folder and it says my anti-virus has it in use. It also says I "need permission to perform this action" and it says it needs my user account name's permission to make changes to the folder
    at all.

How can I delete it?

Aock, Jun 6, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    can i delete C:\Users\Default\Documents in windows 10 pro

Hi Tamil, when you say C:\Users\Default\Documents is using up space, can you provide a screenshot of that folder and please report the size of that folder . . .

That folder is normally empty in Windows 10 . . .

DaveM121, Jun 6, 2016
Thema:

User folder says empty

1. User folder says empty - Similar Threads - User folder says

2. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  3. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  4. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Empty folders

Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  6. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  7. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  8. Font folder says it's empty.

9. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty": Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-contacts-if-the-contacts-folder-says/aa26fba9-c401-4de7-9d87-4047fcd82aad
  10. User folder says it is a backup

User folder says it is a backup: Hi, my user folder on my D: drive says it is a backup and when I click on it, it asks if I want to restore from that folder. When I look at what files are in it, it seems to only be a backup of my C: drive. I can still access all of my files by using the quick access on the...