Windows 10: User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors

Discus and support User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a user whose PC is having permissions problems. It was recently migrated to WIndows 10. Some (but not all) of the files have problems when you... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BornABruin, Aug 10, 2016.

1. User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors

I have a user whose PC is having permissions problems. It was recently migrated to WIndows 10.
    Some (but not all) of the files have problems when you attempt to open them. I'm using a user ID that is an Administrators equivalent, but when accessing files it get permissions errors like: "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."

In checking permissions the user ID I'm using has all the permissions including Full Control and Take ownership. So for some of the files I have no access to them.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

TIA

:)

BornABruin, Aug 10, 2016

2. How to Enable Administrator account for Window 10

Hi Team,

My Admin account showing as disabled and i am logging in window 10 with local account which dont have Administrator right.

I tried all below steps-

tried to run below command with Run as Administrator

-net user administrator /active:yes

but getting error as “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

tried to manage account but getting same error as above, tried to uncheck the box against disabled box for Administrator account but same error, tried to modify registry but getting same error, tried to add local user in Administrator group but same error
    “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

Tried to switch user but getting only local user not any other user account, tried to create new account but getting same error as “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”.

Actually whatever I trying to do I am getting this error only- “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

Please help me ...

Sky Bhardwaj, Aug 10, 2016
  3. On upgrade to windows 10 administrator disabled

Hi Team,

My Admin account showing as disabled and i am logging in window 10 with local account which dont have Administrator right.

I tried all below steps-

tried to run below command with Run as Administrator

-net user administrator /active:yes

but getting error as “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

tried to manage account but getting same error as above, tried to un-check the box against disabled box for Administrator account but same error, tried to modify registry but getting same error, tried to
    add local user in Administrator group but same error “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

Tried to switch user but getting only local user not any other user account, tried to create new account but getting same error as “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”.

Actually whatever I trying to do I am getting this error only- “system error 5 has occurred – Access is denied”

Best Regards,

R Rajasekar

RAJASEKARRAJAGOPAL, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  5. I noticed that each file that was unreadable had a the "Enrcypt contents to project data" flag checked in the file properties/adavanced tab. Seems that at some point someone or something flagged entire folders with that flag -- perhaps a carry back to EFS. I had to go back to the original PC that contained the files and uncheck the checkbox, and then tell it to set the sub folders and files with the same attributes. Once de-crypted, the files open normally. This was a bit unusual because we use Bitlocker on all our PCs so having another source of encryption was unexpected. The source files were on a old laptop -- from our pre-Bitlocker days.

Thanks for your help.

BornABruin, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors

1. User is Administrator equivalent but getting permissiosn errors - Similar Threads - User Administrator equivalent

2. Users getting Error 0x0800700aa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users getting Error 0x0800700aa: I have two users getting this error while copying in our network drive, preview pane is not enabled and the only thing actively using cpu during the the of the copying is a Windows Defender Service - Windows Defender Advance Threat Protection....
  3. Users getting Error 0x0800700aa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users getting Error 0x0800700aa: I have two users getting this error while copying in our network drive, preview pane is not enabled and the only thing actively using cpu during the the of the copying is a Windows Defender Service - Windows Defender Advance Threat Protection....
  4. Users getting Error 0x0800700aa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  6. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  7. User or administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User or administrator?: I'm the only one who going to use my computer, nobody going to use. In Windows should i run always in administrator mode or create a new user for me? Which way is more useful? And drawbacks? submitted by /u/Appropriate-Ease-653 [link] [comments]...
  8. user administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    user administrator.: unfortunately I deleted my user administrator account, because I forgot password, then I add another email id then it does not shows the option of family and other users option, so I can't add the new email id as administrator account, when I enter a run command or anything...
  9. Administrative User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative User: I am an Administrator and the only user of this windows 10 machine. [ATTACH] However, I get told I am not an administrator by the following message. This is very frustrating Can I fix it? [ATTACH]...
  10. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"