Windows 10: User log-in on startup - on shared computer

Discus and support User log-in on startup - on shared computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all I am using a shared office computer. Some days I use it, some days my colleague uses it. I have set up two user profiles so we can have our own... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatthewPB, Oct 19, 2017.

1. MatthewPB Win User

User log-in on startup - on shared computer

Hi all
    I am using a shared office computer. Some days I use it, some days my colleague uses it. I have set up two user profiles so we can have our own desktops etc. However when I turn on the computer it automatically logs in as the last logged-in user - so we have to log out and log in again to use our own user profile.
    My colleague is not very computer literate so I want to keep things easy for her. Is there a way of setting it up so that when we start the computer we get a screen asking us to log in as one or the other user? I would prefer to avoid passwords if possible.
    Many thanks!
    Matthew

:)

MatthewPB, Oct 19, 2017
  2. kvrh Win User

when i log in to family user account on startup i get a Rundll error : accustomedglissandi dll

thanks for the reply.

its happened couple of days ago.

I tried both method but I couldn't fix the issue so I reinstall windows 10. so far no issue.

thanks

3. when i log in to family user account on startup i get a Rundll error : accustomedglissandi dll

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Good to know that your issue is resolved.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 19, 2017
  4. User log-in on startup - on shared computer

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

User log-in on startup - on shared computer

1. User log-in on startup - on shared computer - Similar Threads - User log startup

2. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  3. log in to a network share

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    log in to a network share: My mother got a new laptop and set it up with a new Microsoft account. She had surgery right before COVID and I moved back in with her for what was supposed to be 6 months. Then COVID happened, I lost my job, and I've been reluctant to go apartment hunting, especially with...
  4. Network Sharing Help - Computer shows but not the user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Help - Computer shows but not the user: Hi all, I am operating a PC and a laptop on Windows 10 (both HP). I have, so I think, enabled all networking share options as to be able to access each's files from the other. I can access the laptop's user and files from the desktop but not vice versa. From my laptop, when...
  5. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  6. standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    standalone computer, multiple users, shared jobs: Hey guys, So I have a weird situation. I have several standalone computers in my organization that currently utilize a single shared user account that many people use on a regular basis. The reasoning is if they start a job (lets say running a 3D print job that takes...
  7. Network Share in explorer Logging in as different User

Network Share in explorer Logging in as different User: Why can't we use address history bar to reconnect after restart and get user prompt( must type in complete address again) the history link is tied to user and won't allow different user prompt to reappear after restart as it tries to connect as current user and not different...
  8. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...
  9. Startup user is not in user list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....
  10. Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?

Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?: I have Build 10240 installed on my desktop system and it is running A-OK. My laptop is Win8.1 and I expect I'll do the Win10 upgrade in a few days. Both systems use offline user accounts with no passwords. Right now my laptop says I cannot access any shared directories on...