Windows 10: User login event delay in Windows 10.

Discus and support User login event delay in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, We have a user defined Appilcation to be executed after user logs in. Hence we have added it to the below path :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mana, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Mana Win User

User login event delay in Windows 10.

Hello,

We have a user defined Appilcation to be executed after user logs in. Hence we have added it to the below path :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit

In that user defined application, we check for the login event. Once the user is logged-in, the application starts.
    What we have observed is in Win 7 ,the login event is much faster as compared to Win 10. This results in a delay in startup of the application in win 10.
    Please let us know if there is any way to improve the startup time of the application and also why in win 10 the login of the user is taking a lot of time.
    Thank you.

:)

2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

• Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer l'étape 2;
    • Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

User login event delay in Windows 10. [​IMG]

User login event delay in Windows 10. [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 26, 2018
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 26, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

User login event delay in Windows 10. capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

1. User login event delay in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - User login event

2. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  3. Login is delayed by 30 minutes in time restricted user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login is delayed by 30 minutes in time restricted user account: Hello ,I have set below login time restriction to my windows 10 home edition - admin account I have only one accountI am getting permission to login only at 10:30 Am, 30 minutes delay from set time 10:00 AmI am also not getting any message indicating my login session is...
  4. Delay before Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay before Windows login screen: This started recently on both desktop and laptop. I imagine it's some software I either installed or updated, but can't seem to figure it out. After BIOS screen and boot, when display would [normally] immediately go to Windows 10 login, it hangs on black screen (monitors...
  5. Windows 10 user login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 user login screen: I don't have a power button in bottom right corner, so I can't enter the safety mode or anything else, I need help badly 171590
  6. Windows 10 Pro Login Delay

Windows 10 Pro Login Delay: Hi, My system boots up fine until I get to the pretty login picture. I can either touch the mouse or hit any key and the little box for my login password always appeared until yesterday. Now I have to wait about 45 to 50 seconds before the system reacts correctly to my...
  7. Windows 10 + RDP + login delay

Windows 10 + RDP + login delay: Seems when RDP begins the process to login/logon to a RDP client/session, it posts a full screen windows security windows until it times out approximately 30 - 60 seconds later and allows you to enter a password for that RDP client/session. This is sooooooo frustrating!!!...
  8. Login Screen is very Delayed

Login Screen is very Delayed: Whenever I go to log in on Windows 10 I have to wait multiple minutes in order to enter my password to log in. Whenever I manage to actually enter my password a Microsoft .NET Framework window shows up saying that an unhandled exception has occurred in your application. The...
  9. Windows 10 User Login

Windows 10 User Login: Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 for a friend and everything went absolutely fine. I setup a Local User account with password and a few days later decided to remove the password as that's what they wanted. When I started the laptop there was no User login required...
  10. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WinLogon start time delay window 10