Windows 10: User name shortened - error ?

Discus and support User name shortened - error ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In C Drive under users my user name shows as "tomfe" instead of Tom or TomFerguson. Not a serious issue but one I want to correct as is just is not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fergiet, Aug 21, 2015.

1. fergiet Win User

User name shortened - error ?

In C Drive under users my user name shows as "tomfe" instead of Tom or TomFerguson. Not a serious issue but one I want to correct as is just is not correct. Can't seem to find a way to change it.

Any suggestions welcome.

User name shortened - error ? [​IMG]

:)

fergiet, Aug 21, 2015

2. User directory name shortened

I made an offline account, that creates a new folder that DOES have the full name, there's only Appdata in it, for the rest the original incomplete folder is still used, so nope.

Morrowind3, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Alpha111 Win User
    User directory name shortened

Same problem. Windows support tech could not fix it.

Microsoft - Did you figure out how to fix this?

Alpha111, Aug 21, 2015
  4. User name shortened - error ?

Is that the name you were given by a Microsoft account?

cyberrufus, Aug 21, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    To get the folder name you want under Users, you have to start by creating a local account with that user name (either Tom or TomFerguson). Then convert the local account to a Microsoft account and the folder name will stay the same.

I get johnh if I don't create a local account named John first.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User name shortened - error ?

1. User name shortened - error ? - Similar Threads - User name shortened

2. Batch shorten file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  3. Batch shorten file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  4. file explorer shortening file names after last "."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer shortening file names after last ".": We save files that frequently have multiple decimals in them ex. apple.1.2.3, and renaming the names is kinda out of the question. After we save the file, we typically use microsoft print to pdf, or adobe pdf to save a pdf of the view. The issue with this is that when it...
  5. Autorotate and shortened file names on Contact sheet printout.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autorotate and shortened file names on Contact sheet printout.: I have asked this question in the Windows 7 section, but I have confirmed it also occurs on Windows 10 64 bitI am trying to print out "contact sheets" where you get 35 pictures per A4 sheet but it Windows Photo Viewer ? is now shortening the file names and auto-rotating the...
  6. Autorotate and shortened file names on Contact sheet printout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autorotate and shortened file names on Contact sheet printout.: I have asked this question in the Windows 7 section, but I have confirmed it also occurs on Windows 10 64 bitI am trying to print out "contact sheets" where you get 35 pictures per A4 sheet but it Windows Photo Viewer ? is now shortening the file names and auto-rotating the...
  7. Autorotate and shortened file names on Contact sheet printout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Displaying Shortened File Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Displaying Shortened File Name: I am trying to open some .tif files through Windows File Explorer and when it opens the complete file name does not show up instead it is like a shortened version..I have tried going into the registry editor and change the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to 1 but it still isn't...
  9. User folder naming error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder naming error: I have a new laptop set up with windows 10. In the set up I noticed the user folder name was cut short. Users/xxxit instead of Users/xxxitt. Can I correct this somehow?...
  10. Windows 10 shortened my name to make my Users dir

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shortened my name to make my Users dir: Hi all, I just installed build 10162 clean on my desktop. All went well. I found NVidia drivers and installed without issue. I noticed, however, that windows created my Users dir as 'C:\Users\darre' when my name is correctly shown in the control panel and account info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows user name shortened