Windows 10: User Not granted Permission Logon Error

Discus and support User Not granted Permission Logon Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thumb, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Thumb Win User

User Not granted Permission Logon Error

I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7.

Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require passwords or Pins on boot up. Now with all of them with the latest versions installed all of the PC's and Netbook still can see and share except for one PC(My main PC) which can see and share with the other PC's but not the Netbook, but the Netbook can see and share with the PC. The error I am getting is the typical:
    \\Netbook is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

:)

Thumb, Apr 4, 2016

2. network problem in windows 10

\\system is not accessible.you might not have permission to use this network

resource.contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

logon failures : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

This is the network issue when when i want to access my pc to another pc in windows 10

Please resolve i will be thankful to you

Sterlingornaments, Apr 4, 2016
  3. After Windows 10 upgrade, can't access computers on network

I upgraded 2 computers on my network to Windows 10. Now when I try to access the other computer on the network, I get the following. (name of pc) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator
    of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Help!!

MarkHoller, Apr 4, 2016
  4. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

Hello Thumb Welcome to the Ten Forums!

You may have to consider enabling the remote access feature in 10 on the Netbook as well as the main in order to gain access to the mobile unit or suffice by using a 3rd party program called RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

With the Team View program free for home use I have 10 Home and Pro VMs connecting to the two 10 Pro/7 Ultimate and 10 Pro/7 Pro dual booted desktops as well as several VMs including Server 2016 DataCenter evaluation build on VM. You can transfer files and folders by remote web access. The RDP however is what you will need to be looking at for a closed home network(hard wired by ethernet cables) while the Main to Netbook of course could use a little help?

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Thumb Win User
    Thanks for the welcome Night Hawk and reply but I would think there is a problem with a setting on my main computer that could be changed to solve the problem I'm having since all other PC's can talk to each other. The PC that is having the problem of not being able to connect with the Netbook is the only one that is actually hardwired, all others are wireless and going through the router. Like I said before, all use to work perfectly before the Windows 10 upgrades.

Thumb, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Is the main also plugged into the router or a modem? If not you could try plugging the main into the router as well since that is where the WiFi is lacking for the main itself. That could be well be why the other two desktop already connect freely with the netbook since they have WiFi while the main doesn't.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2016
  7. Thumb Win User
    The main is plugged into the router, I'll unplug it and use the WiFi and see what that does. and let you know.

Thumb, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Thumb Win User

OK, I think I found a solution and maybe it was the problem. The main computer did not have a home group set up so once I set that up and let it populate, all boxes now can talk to each other. Funny that it use to work before.

Ooops, I may have talked too soon, now the Netbook can not access the main box. I'll keep playing with it.

Thumb, Apr 5, 2016
  9. Once you offset the main the netbook lost it's own configuration. Sounds like you are going to be busy for a bit trying to get this sorted out! This was one reason rather then fussing around with a home group when each build on physical or VM is only temporary at the moment and simply run with the Team Viewer program for anything remote. The main program folder only takes about 104mb which can still work on the netbook and main for you.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2016
  10. Thumb Win User
    Got it! Seems that restarting both boxes did the trick. I can now access all boxes. Thanks for your help and suggestions and maybe I'll go the Team Viewer someday, I am just so use to using this way I wanted to see if I could get it fixed.

Thumb, Apr 5, 2016
  11. Once the restart was seen on both the network connection saw a refresh. Sometimes when making a change of this type it may take a few restarts to see this happen. I would give a day still and then you should be able to mark this thread solved just to sure it doesn't get knocked out again.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
  12. Thumb Win User
    Yes, making sure it doesn't revert back again. *Smile

Thumb, Apr 6, 2016
  13. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

You should know soon enough after a few shutdowns of the netbook, restarts for the main even powering that down completely for the fresh startup to see if everything holds true for you there.

After some update comes along if not some new program you may run into a temp loss while the configuration remains the same. That can happen on occasion where the restarts typically end up refreshing things again. When going from build to build here on both physical and VM machines it happens on occasion where to get all the VMs and two desktops talking to each other one will need a software refresh. Mainly however I will have to say that the TV has otherwise been reliable and can give it a good grade! This of course can also allow you to connect from outside of the home network while out on the go.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
  14. Thumb Win User
    I'll keep that in mind Night Hawk although I have no idea why I would want to connect to my network from outside the home but who knows, I may want to someday. Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Thumb, Apr 6, 2016
  15. With the TV program you don't have to connect to every machine but simply are able to connect individually to one or more while out or for seeing remote access of one while being at another. It's a versatile software. You can even transfer files if say you forgot something on the home pc you didn't quite see copied onto the netbook like homework or something for work? oops! You then simply connect home to get it!

How to do that securely? Set up a VM on one of the home pcs and install it there! You then log into the new account you first have to see at the home site and then simply anything you need remote access to on the VM which remains isolated from the host as well as other systems on the home network. Remember this is all optional.

Eventually I will likely be seeing a home server that can be accessed remotely by a few laptops while the main and a second case might be hard wired via router. System image backups via network connection to simplify things.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

1. User Not granted Permission Logon Error - Similar Threads - User granted Permission

2. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  3. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  4. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  5. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Grant a single user permission to install/update a single app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grant a single user permission to install/update a single app: My company has purchased a license for MS 365 Business Premium, so I can manage users via Azure AD and devices via Intune.Our bookkeeper uses a special software from a local retailer and it would be convenient if she was able to install any updates herself, without my doing...
  7. Granting user permission on files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Granting user permission on files and folders: My brother was recently playing with the settings and ended up denying all kind of permission read, write, modify etc to my photograph folder. I had a tough time trying to fix it because i couldn't open it, nor copy it, even it's security tab was not readable. After enough...
  8. Granting permission to network user to change files.

Granting permission to network user to change files.: Hello there, Would you please help me to grant a permission for another computer( which is connected via network ) to change files. Thanks Ilhom...
  9. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  10. Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....

Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....: Hello Ten forums, At my work we have two PCs. When i select a disk drive (not C:\), right click -> Sharing -> Advanced sharing -> check "Share this folder", my drive gets a network path as its supposed to. But when my colleauge tries to mount the path he get the errer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 user not granted