Windows 10: User Password/PIN

Discus and support User Password/PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. After I installed Build 10162, I do not have the option of a PIN at logon, just my long MS password. When I go to Users account control, it just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gallicbear, Jul 3, 2015.

1. User Password/PIN

Hi. After I installed Build 10162, I do not have the option of a PIN at logon, just my long MS password. When I go to Users account control, it just gives me the option to CHANGE PIN, not to CREATE one. But yet when I log on, there is no option for a pin, only a password. What am I doing wrong? Where or how can I fix this? Thanks for helping solve this.

:)

gallicbear, Jul 3, 2015

2. Sign in after switching users

hi

I don't use a password or pin though...that's the thing.

ChrisBalfour, Jul 3, 2015
  3. RMDEQ Win User
    can set-up PINs, but they never appear as sign-in options on Windows 10

I can go to Settings.Accounts.SigninOptions and set up PINs for all the users on the system, but I am never given a PIN sign-in option at the Windows Logon screen for any user.

I have Windows 10 installed on other computers, and this problem does not occur.

I know that sign-in options generally can appear, because one user with a password, PIN and Picture Password is able to select sign-in options between password and Picture Password.

I do use Softex Omnipass with a fingerprint scanner, but not everyone can register a finger reliably. So, I want those folks to be able to enter PINs.

Any ideas why the PIN can be set for each user, but no user gets that as a sign-in option?

RMDEQ, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

User Password/PIN

Kari, Jul 3, 2015
  5. Thanks, Kari. The problem is that I get an error message in red 'Something went wrong. Try again later'. I tried that a few times.

gallicbear, Jul 3, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Are you using an MS account or a local account?

Kari, Jul 3, 2015
  7. I am using a MS account.

gallicbear, Jul 3, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

User Password/PIN

Kari, Jul 3, 2015
  9. That was it, Kari. I had not noticed that it needed to be verified because I could log in with it. But my PIN works now!
    Thank you again.

gallicbear, Jul 3, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Thema:

User Password/PIN

1. User Password/PIN - Similar Threads - User Password PIN

2. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  3. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  4. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PIN and passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and passwords: My desktop started this morning with a message that it needed to be fixed. I had to create a new PIN and password. Now, the desktop will not accept any password or PIN. I did not want to do this, but the dialog box kept coming up and I finally just decided to comply. Now I...
  6. Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password: Windows 10 in Workgroup 20H2 We use both PIN and password Can see PIN ability but not password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-hello-pin-and-password/6af4269f-aceb-4ab5-bd3d-779db4427b44
  7. user ID , pin and passwords

user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  8. PIN and password

PIN and password: How can i reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-and-password/3d4ecf68-6430-41d1-95de-7435cece51ee"
  9. password and pin

password and pin: How do I set up windows 10 so it starts with no password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-and-pin/944b8df0-e36e-48fc-b20c-3390b1a87922"
  10. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password: Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the...