Windows 10: User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete

Discus and support User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I was running a CCTV camera's VMS and for it to save files directly to my hard drive, it had to get the username and password for the system so... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ksuthayya, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ksuthayya Win User

User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete

Hi,

I was running a CCTV camera's VMS and for it to save files directly to my hard drive, it had to get the username and password for the system so as to be able to write to the disk. Now, at that time I couldn't for the life of me remember what my username was and so he said that once he upgrades the VMS he'll be able to create another profile and use that. I was then told that once my usage of the VMS was over, I could uninstall the program and everything would return to normal. Software was iVMS 4200 by Hikvision.

So, as you can see in Boot 1 & 2 images, when I boot my PC now it automatically tries logging into "admin'' and then says that the password is incorrect. Only after that do I have the option to change it to the default profile, mine, which is also the administrator profile.

I've tried all the steps mentioned in Delete User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials and anything else online but there does NOT even show that there is another profile when I go to all the various places where deleting a profile can be done from.

All the relevant pictures have been attached. Please let me know if there is anything else that would be needed.

PC Details:
    Lenovo Y510P
    W10 Home, 64 bit
    i7 4700MQ

User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete [​IMG]

:)

ksuthayya, Apr 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds )

Looks like you have more problems with your install than just Explorer being slow during certain operations. Can't think of anything right now that you can do to fix it (besides of course the nuclear option of starting afresh).

RobertJWin, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 rebooted itself - now user password does not work and does not recognize password change in Windows Live

Yeah you won't be able to create a new profile on the PC using that online account until you delete the broken profile on the PC. I'd create a "local user account" (the kind that is used by Windows 95 to Windows 7) by choosing the "no thanks I don't want
    to sign in with email" options during account creation. Then login to it, drag any files to that new user's folder, and then delete the broken account. Then you'll be able to (if you want) link the new profile to the online account.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 6, 2017
  4. User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete

Caledon Ken, Apr 10, 2017
  5. ksuthayya Win User
    @Caledon Ken

Thanks for that. The steps mentioned in the link posted by you worked.

I have no idea what it was that was causing it and which steps worked, but I simply tried em all and it's worked. It been a while now, just forgot to reply.

Thanks!

ksuthayya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete

1. User profile "admin" created, present during boot but can't delete - Similar Threads - User profile admin

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  7. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  8. Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete user profiles Group Policy Deleting Admin Account: I work in a large organisation where many different users log in to our Windows 10 (1607) based PCs on a daily basis. Due to this I have enabled the Delete user profiles older than a specified number days on system restart Group Policy under Computer...
  9. can't delete old user profiles

can't delete old user profiles: help please i cant delete the old profile name in user/ folder microsoft tech support ruined it 85151
  10. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

"User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user: Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed...