Windows 10: "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

Discus and support "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by martinrippel, Aug 7, 2015.

1. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed sign in.

I have googled this and see that it has been an issue for many users since W7 but there don't seem to be any fixes online that work. One of the primary fixes listed to to make edits to the user in the registry but the user does NOT appear in the registry at all - I only have myself listed and a separate Admin user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

martinrippel, Aug 7, 2015

2. can not create new user account

con not create new user account . after creating new account and log on get error message "the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile can not be loaded"

Solly_Soliman, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Signin Error

I'm getting the "User Profile Service service failed the sign-in" error on any local profile I try to create on my system (Windows 10 upgrade). I can sign in fine to my main User Profile.

ChristopherMango, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

"User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

Hello Martin, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Usually when this is happening for new accounts that have not yet had their user profile setup, you'll need to refresh Windows. *Sad

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response Brink, I did a reset and am now all set. Also regained about 50GB having removed software I probably hadn't used in ages so good tip.

Cheers
    Martin

martinrippel, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it was able to help Martin. *Smile

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Refresh didn't take... it reverted to original condition and did not delete my programs.
    User profile is still hosed.

Tom Hartsell, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, it'll be to reset Windows instead then. *Sad

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user - Similar Threads - User Profile profile

2. User profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile service failed the sign in: So lately my pc has been a little slow and keeps having input lag whenever I play any games which makes it really frustrating, so I decided to reset my pc completely and remove everything. After I did all the steps it started resetting and then after I got a little blue...
  3. User Profile Service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service failed the sign in: Hello. I am currently facing a problem. Yesterday I decided to do a complete factory reset on my laptop and when I tried to login today, it failed and gave the above error message. I am unsure as to how to proceed. I tried to cut my laptop's credentials from my microsoft...
  4. The User Profile Service failed the sign-in

The User Profile Service failed the sign-in: I have factory reset my laptop windows 11. My PIN and biometrics were saved. When I log in using them I get "the User Profile Service failed the sign-in" error. I have checked registry, but there is no .bak profile. Nothing on internet helps.Is it possible to fix this without...
  5. user profile service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service failed the sign-in: Just did a full wipe of my droves and reinstalled Windows. I can't get into BIOS and my only option is to "Setup my PIN" which leads to the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded"OR"Sign-in Options" which shows my...
  6. user profile service failed the sign-in

user profile service failed the sign-in: Just did a full wipe of my droves and reinstalled Windows. I can't get into BIOS and my only option is to "Setup my PIN" which leads to the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded"OR"Sign-in Options" which shows my...
  7. User profile service failed to sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service failed to sign-in: Hi, so I was reseting my pc I deleted everything and I chose the local windows installation. When it was done i just needed to log on my user account and i typed the pin and the message came out “User profile service failed the sign-in…” How do I fix it? I also tried some...
  8. User profile service failed to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service failed to sign in: I've factory reset my windows and reinstalled windows 10 via USBHowever now I can only sign in to windows with my USB in. If I don't have my USB in I get "User profile service failed to sign in"I've done everything I can. Any help?I can't use windows without my USB that...
  9. User profile service failed to sign in

User profile service failed to sign in: I've factory reset my windows and reinstalled windows 10 via USBHowever now I can only sign in to windows with my USB in. If I don't have my USB in I get "User profile service failed to sign in"I've done everything I can. Any help?I can't use windows without my USB that...
  10. User profile service failed the sign in

User profile service failed the sign in: HiMy son is trying to log into his PC and is getting the error above. I’ve tried a couple of troubleshooting suggestions however, we cannot get the command prior to appear, which then allows us to do further trouble shooting. We cannot get beyond the profile login page to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. User Profile Service service failed the sign-in error

2. cannot create new profile user profile service service failed to sign-in