Windows 10: User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Discus and support User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I recover from this error message? I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VinceB, Aug 7, 2015.

1. VinceB Win User

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

How can I recover from this error message?

I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to login as this repeats .....

regards,

:)

VinceB, Aug 7, 2015
  2. CarolLJ Win User
    CarolLJ, Aug 7, 2015
  3. ChandriaNicole, Aug 7, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

5. VinceB Win User
    No joy, as I am not able to get into Win10's Safe Mode after being returned to the signin screen.

I am using a DELL XPS8700 Desktop, normally. Is it a specific combination of keys (F-key) that I need to use?

VinceB, Aug 7, 2015
  6. VinceB Win User
    One week after doing the Win 10 upgrade, I am getting this error (above). I made a restore point, and wonder if I am able to use it w/o lost of data files?

Do I need to be in safe mode to do the restoration?
    Should I use Advanced Options-refresh of win10 ( only)?

VinceB, Aug 13, 2015
  7. VinceB Win User
    My recent efforts failed to solve this issue.

After trying to to go back to a restore point, which was made immediately after the upgrade, after trying to reset this PC, and after trying the built-in WIN10 Auto Repair, I have not been successful in solving this problem. I tried this all while NOT in Safe Mode; but used shift-click Restart from the signin screen to access Trubleshooting routines.

• Restore Point option was unable to reload a specific file
    • PC Reset option had a problem; no joy!
    • Auto Repair routine failed; no joy.

At the time of doing the Win8.1 to Win 10 upgrade, I made an ISO copy oF the D/L onto DVD. Can that be of help to re-instalL Win10 over the existing?

Does anyone know of a Registry hack that would allow the use of a stored .bakup of the User Profile?

Regards,

VinceB, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  9. VinceB Win User
    Will give that that my attention; thanks.

VinceB, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hope it works for you. *Smile

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  11. VinceB Win User
    Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Aug 17, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  13. VinceB Win User

I am not certain that I actually have Windows10 installation media?
    when doing the download for W10 UPGRADE, I was offered and did make a W10 DVD copy, which I believe was intended for W10 upgrading of another computer that has W8.1 already present/installed.
    Is that ISO copy suitable as the required "installation media"? I hope so.

VinceB, Aug 18, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  15. VinceB Win User
    Brink:

I really do appreciate your info very much; however, I become confused easily. You began by saying "That's ok." Do you mean that the ISO made on DVD at time of my upgrading to W10 will serve as the installation media required to avoid SAM file in use issue that I reported earlier in this thread?

I do not at this time have a 4GB flash drive available, but do have DVDs. I suppose that I can get a 4GB flash drive soon enough to create a Windows 10 installation USB. But I will have acces to my daughter's Win8 laptop tomorrow, although it may not be of use if I must log on as Administrator since she will not be there, I'm babysitting). I plan to bring DVDs with me tomorrow, if I can use those rather than getting a USB flash drive. Otherwise, I will need to make an additional stop to buy the USB drive.

Which is preferrable: DVD media or USB media, considering that I am presently not able to signin due to the User Profile Service service failure at login error ( original problem here).

Hopefully, I will read your reply prior to leaving here (in NY) in the early morning.

Regards,

PS: I wish I had made a USB recovery and USB installation drive at the appropriate time!

VinceB, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded. - Similar Threads - User Profile Service

2. The user profile service service failed the sign in. The user profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The user profile service service failed the sign in. The user profile cannot be loaded.: The "user profile service" service failed the signed. the user profile cannot be loaded.We are receiving this error message in certain computers. If we restart the computer, the issue resolves. But it comes back again and no solution is found yet. We did try add registry...
  3. User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded: did full reset to transfer ownership of Dell laptop. Can't boot up. Get this messageUser Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded...
  4. 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.': I recently reset my old PC which had Windows 10 32 bit with option of removing all data. After this process it let me sign-in to my microsoft account with my pin, but after inputting my pin it shows 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be...
  5. 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.': I recently reset my old PC which had Windows 10 32 bit with option of removing all data. After this process it let me sign-in to my microsoft account with my pin, but after inputting my pin it shows 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be...
  6. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: Hi, I get this after I reset/cleanup my Laptop it’s a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, I already tried to boot into safe mode but It only get stuck in a loading screen, I also don’t have any other user profile that I can boot on, I even tried to reset/cleanup my laptop for the...
  7. "The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded"

"The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded": I was attempting to test making a standard user account and modifying the GPEDIT settings for user settings regarding running updates.I wanted to try changing the standard user settings to allow them to install updates.So while logged in as admin I created the standard user...
  8. The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: So i just reset my pc because it was running slow, when i try to log in I am hit with the error message above. I have been trying to resolve this for 4 hours by researching everything. When i try to go into safe mode all i see is a white screen with nothing but my mouse on...
  9. The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: In this morning. I just tried to create a new user account.And then I restarted my pclaptop.and there is the option to switch user... And then I switched and changed to my new user.. but its showing error that.... "The User Profile Service service failed to Sign-in. User...
  10. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.": On sign-in to WIndows 10 I get this message. From various forums includiing this one I see that I need to do something to the regedit, and to do this need to be in safe mode. However, when I go through all the motions to get to safe mode, I am always brought back to sign-in....