Windows 10: User profiles

Discus and support User profiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new computer and when I set it up I ended up with a new user ID. How can I go back to the one from my old computer and delete the new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VestinaMayfield, Oct 21, 2021.

1. User profiles

I bought a new computer and when I set it up I ended up with a new user ID. How can I go back to the one from my old computer and delete the new one without losing any files, data, or information?

:)

VestinaMayfield, Oct 21, 2021
  2. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Rose Ter Win User

User profiles

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

User profiles

1. User profiles - Similar Threads - User profiles

2. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User profile name changed on me: I noticed that I no longer have a User folder that matches my name in the c:\users directory. For some reason it is labeled as "Pictures" instead. However, if I navigate to the Users folder in Command Prompt it shows the folder name as "Nick". I am thinking that I may have...
  3. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile name changed on me: I noticed that I no longer have a User folder that matches my name in the c:\users directory. For some reason it is labeled as "Pictures" instead. However, if I navigate to the Users folder in Command Prompt it shows the folder name as "Nick". I am thinking that I may have...
  4. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  6. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  7. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

8. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  9. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

Using controllers on different windows user profiles: Hello all,I'm having a slight issue with connecting and using my DS4 controller to a Windows 10 PC. On my main windows user profile, DS4windows and Inputmapper detect the controller and I can use it in games. However, on another user profile with the same privileges and...
  10. Using controllers on different windows user profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware