Windows 10: user selection in my MS account

Discus and support user selection in my MS account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have three users in my MS account plus default and public (no, I don't know how they got there). I find that the wrong user is being used in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pedsto, Jul 3, 2018.

1. pedsto Win User

user selection in my MS account

I have three users in my MS account plus default and public (no, I don't know how they got there). I find that the wrong user is being used in programs. How do I change the default? Thanks

:)

pedsto, Jul 3, 2018

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. user selection in my MS account - Similar Threads - user selection account

2. My Windows 10 account disappeared on the user selection screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows 10 account disappeared on the user selection screen: This apparently happened because I tried to change the account through lusrmgr.msc, as a result, now I can’t log into my account and it doesn’t appear on the user selection screen, but in the C:Users folder I can see that account name which I wanted to change, if there is a...
  3. My Windows 10 account disappeared on the user selection screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 account disappeared on the user selection screen: This apparently happened because I tried to change the account through lusrmgr.msc, as a result, now I can’t log into my account and it doesn’t appear on the user selection screen, but in the C:Users folder I can see that account name which I wanted to change, if there is a...
  4. My Windows 10 account disappeared on the user selection screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. deleting my user account by selecting keep my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting my user account by selecting keep my files: I have deleted my user account and selected the option, keep my files it said that a folder will be there and all my files will be there. when i made the new account no file was there. all my important pics and programs. all my university data has been wiped away but it is...
  6. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...: I am getting this error when I open an office document. Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different...
  7. user selection

in Windows 10 Support
    user selection: I have three users in my MS account plus default and public (no, I don't know how they got there). I find that the wrong user is being used in programs. How do I change the default? Thanks 113361
  8. MS accounts & user a/c names

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS accounts & user a/c names: i have a registered Windows 10 installed on my 1st hard drive but after Windows Update screwed it up i am doing a clean install onto a 2nd hard drive. but upon install after entering my license key it then prompted me for a user account name and password. I don't have one so...
  9. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...
  10. Start Menu Closes if User Account Selected

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Closes if User Account Selected: Ok, so I am having a strange problem. In my PC's admin account, when I attempt to switch users by: Start Menu > (click user account) The start menu disappears / rolls back down. I cannot switch users this way, but this only affects my admin account. What can I do to make...