Windows 10: User switching unavailable

Discus and support User switching unavailable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello - I am setting up a windows 11 pro machine for a new user at a customer site we service. They use Entra only not hybrid to domain join their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ason User, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Ason User Win User

User switching unavailable

Hello - I am setting up a windows 11 pro machine for a new user at a customer site we service. They use Entra only not hybrid to domain join their machines. I setup a local administrator account and joined the device to Entra using the credentials of the user that will be using this machine. The join was successful. I clicked on the start button and then the user icon to switch users and the option is not there. I signed out and still there is no option to login as another user. I have followed the help recommendations such as editing the registry, making sure the local policy is in the not

:)

Ason User, Feb 27, 2024

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Jessen P Win User

Switching users in tablet mode has become impossible.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to login to Microsoft account.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the Microsoft account on the computer and try to logging in.

Note: You may need internet connection to access the Microsoft account.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Jessen P, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. User switching unavailable - Similar Threads - User switching unavailable

2. User switching unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User switching unavailable: Hello - I am setting up a windows 11 pro machine for a new user at a customer site we service. They use Entra only not hybrid to domain join their machines. I setup a local administrator account and joined the device to Entra using the credentials of the user that will be...
  3. C:\Users\Downloads is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users\Downloads is unavailable: Hi, I went to try to open up my downloads but this keeps popping up on my screen. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusersdownloads-is-unavailable/3cec2910-81cb-4ac1-848f-f8dec15a1fa6
  4. C:\Users\Downloads is unavailable

C:\Users\Downloads is unavailable: Hi, I went to try to open up my downloads but this keeps popping up on my screen. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusersdownloads-is-unavailable/3cec2910-81cb-4ac1-848f-f8dec15a1fa6
  5. C:\Users\Downloads is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.: I got on my computer today to see my home screen blank with no programs and apps and a pop up saying "Location is not available D:\User\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try...
  7. D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.: I got on my computer today to see my home screen blank with no programs and apps and a pop up saying "Location is not available D:\User\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try...
  8. D:\User\Downloads is unavailable.

9. Switching User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switching User: When I CTRL+ALT+DEL to switch users, the screen goes blank; nothing happens. I must reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-user/05489d44-2c5e-4cbc-a03a-9f833829fabe
  10. Switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching users: I can't change usersctrl + alt + del, winkey + Start menu not working, but I can add new local users. Only last logged user is shown on windows login and switch user screen. I tried https://youtu.be/5qobIM7rvJM didn't work. What could it be?...