Windows 10: Username does not appear in Navigation Pane

Discus and support Username does not appear in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange, since I thought this had always been a constant since past OS versions. It seems from the screenshots of others, an lack of info that this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MtheInsomniac, May 23, 2016.

1. Username does not appear in Navigation Pane

Strange, since I thought this had always been a constant since past OS versions. It seems from the screenshots of others, an lack of info that this is a "me" problem.

My username does not appear as a collapsable folder in any forms of the navigation pane UNLESS I pin it to Quick Access, select it from there, then file explorer will account for its mistake and shows the collapsable list. Otherwise, once the instance of file explorer is closed, this option disappears yet again. Sounds like registry, thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

:)

MtheInsomniac, May 23, 2016
  2. PiperBill Win User

Windows Explorer queries

I have just upgraded two PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I have two queries:

a) I have a network drive that I use for backups and it appears to be working ok. However in Windows Explorer, it does not appear under "Network" in the Navigation Pane, though, if I highlight "Network" in the Navigation Pane, an icon for the drive does
    appear in the Contents Pane (but it is not expandable). Curiously, in the other PC, a laptop, the drive did appear in the Navigation Pane following the upgrade, but it now seems to have vanished.

b) Again, in Windows Explorer, when I highlight "Network" in the Navigation Pane, I see my Broadband Router in the Contents Pane (though not in the Navigation Pane). However the icon for the router appears and disappears at approximately one second intervals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

PiperBill, May 23, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    please please please... I need help in restoring my Video folder location, thank you!!

Hi,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items'

Navigate to this folder (Replace UserName with your login name):

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries

Does the Videos library appear there?

DaveM121, May 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Username does not appear in Navigation Pane

Brink, May 23, 2016
  5. Soooomebody feels very stupid, & I call myself tech savvy It's the most simple solutions that escape us eh? Thanks!

MtheInsomniac, May 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Username does not appear in Navigation Pane

1. Username does not appear in Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Username does appear

2. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H2. Microsoft OneDrive came with Windows 10 and has an entry in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. OneDrive from the Microsoft Store is NOT installed. For brevity therefore, Microsoft OneDrive is hereafter referred to as simply...
  6. OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer

OneDrive no longer appears in the navigation pane of File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H2. Microsoft OneDrive came with Windows 10 and has an entry in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. OneDrive from the Microsoft Store is NOT installed. For brevity therefore, Microsoft OneDrive is hereafter referred to as simply...
  7. One Drive for Business not appearing in Navigation Pane

One Drive for Business not appearing in Navigation Pane: Hi I recently bought a new laptop and in setting it up my OneDrive for Business is not appearing in the navigation pane of my file explorer as it did with my previous laptop. I have logged into my account in word and it appears as normal in there, and I can access word...
  8. How to restore appearance of links in navigation pane?

How to restore appearance of links in navigation pane?: Hi, The appearance of the links in my navigation pane has changed. They now look like hyperlinks in a web browser. I do not like this appearance and want to change it back to the original appearance, that looks the same as when ordinary files are selected. [ATTACH] The...
  9. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888