Windows 10: Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10

Discus and support Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Users expect Windows 10 to be a really advanced product in terms of pretty much everything, starting with features and ending with design, so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 11, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10

More

labeeman, Dec 11, 2014
  2. bobfrost Win User

More
    OMG! The first thing I do when installing Windows is turn off all effects and animations!!!

bob frost

:)

bobfrost, Dec 11, 2014
  3. -MKANET- Win User
    How to revert back to older transpency effect from Acrylic transparency on Win10 Fall update?

The new "Acrylic" transparency effect for Windows 10 modern apps and Start Menu is way too too opaque. It looks almost as bad as turning transparency completely off.

Is there a way to revert back to the older transparency effect in Windows 10? The whole point of transparency is to be able to tell what's "behind" windows that are on top. Its not really possible to do that anymore with the almost opaque Acrylic transparency
    effect.

It doesn't appear there is any builtin ways to do this. Maybe, it's possible to use a 3rd party tool like Aero Tweaker or something like that? Thanks in advance!

-MKANET-, Dec 11, 2014
  4. Gothtec Win User

The N8 upgrade or not in this case

"You don't want a Nokia with the modern, more user friendly Windows Phone 8 OS then "

User friendly lol thats a joke in itself.... Its awfull in its userability ¬¬

Gothtec, Dec 11, 2014
  5. I hear yea all animations are turned off except for glass/ transparency
    Unnecessary sliding is just a waste of time,
    I prefer for items to just appear and disappear asap *Tongue

ThrashZone, Dec 11, 2014
  6. Arelem Win User
    More
    OMG! The first thing I do when installing Windows is turn off all effects and animations!!!

bob frost I don't, I like the slick look.

Arelem, Dec 11, 2014
  7. meebers Win User
    I like a clean desktop....no colored boxes that blink, change pictures etc Just like my underwear, clean!

meebers, Dec 11, 2014
  8. labeeman Win User

More

bob frost With me that is the second thing to do is disable all eye candy.

labeeman, Dec 11, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    What are the advantages of transparency?

Edwin, Dec 11, 2014
  10. Transparent glass is a easy way to see your desktop background throughout windows taskbar for one plus all open windows,
    But since win-10 or 8 for that matter don't really have any window borders it would be I suppose only available via the taskbar and possibly the start menu list
    So instead of the generic 2d color pages there would be transparent glass
    Another example is all of the generic square boxes around apps,
    Where the generic color is could see your back ground image instead,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Dec 12, 2014
  11. M4v3r1ck Win User
    It looks great in Mac OS X Yosemite, sure would like to see it in Windows 10 too!

M4v3r1ck, Dec 12, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Is there a point to it though, or is it just eye candy?

Edwin, Dec 12, 2014
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

This is just what some folks want, thus it is available through Microsoft instead of third party companies it will make Win 10 users very happy. . .some want it, while some users see no use for it. . .isn't that one of the things people wanted out of Win 8'

14. Yep most people refer to transparent glass as a free eye candy,
    Same as all of the dialog boxes.... sliding around and animating buttons...
    It's one of the main features of aero but the only one that seems to be abandoned by Microsoft in 8-8.1 and now 10TP
    All because someone is saving power consumption for mobile devices,
    Desktops are not a mobile devices and many wish Microsoft would stop acting as if they were *Wink
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Dec 12, 2014
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

On a nice monitor it looks great -- just try KDE-PLASMA effects on any Linux distro that supports KDE. Breeze is also brilliant.

I can do without wobbly windows, cuboidal objects etc (some people like them but you can switch those off). The KDE PLASMA is better than the AERO GLASS which a lot of people liked (and still like).

My view is that things like workspaces are very personal matters and these days the hardware is more than capable of supporting all manner of effects.

It also depends on what you are doing -- for example if I'm pre-press preparing some professional photos via Photoshop I switch to a basic plain light grey background -- hideously boring for other tasks but 100% convenient for me when doing the photoshop gig.

I can't see what's wrong in providing a load of effects if people like them --they don't have to be installed.

Ms has made some blunders in its time -- remember supplying Windows 8 SERVER (a server for gawd's sake) with those hideous mobile phone tiles !!!!!!. Hopefully it will relent on W10 and add aero like features.

Mind you when it comes to Ms - I'm sure anybody in professional I.T MUST have seen this cartoon before !!!!

Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 12, 2014
Thema:

1. Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Users Modern Transparency

2. Transparent Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent Window in Windows 10: Hello, I wanted to know if there was a way to make windows/images transparent because I would like to model cars and having this function would save me a lot of time. Anyone know how we could do this for free? submitted by /u/D0rimOs [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 transparency issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 transparency issue.: Hello guys,I have some issues with Windows 10 transparency.Although the transparency seems to be turned on in the settings, the start, action center, settings, and other apps are completely opaque and do not seem to have any effect. Also, the click effects do not work even...
  4. Windows 10 User Interface Should get a Complete Modern Overhaul

Windows 10 User Interface Should get a Complete Modern Overhaul: Hi everyone, so I've been and most of us have been using Windows 10 for over 5 years, and windows 7 came around the same time before Windows 10. Every new version of windows brought about an astonishing user interface for its time, however, everything has a "life cycle"...
  5. Windows 10 Transparency bug?

Windows 10 Transparency bug?: So I noticed something weird after I got my new monitor LG27GN950. The monitor recently got a Firmware update that enables 4K @160Hz with 10bit color via Displayport 1.4 DSC, this is enabled in the monitor menu. Everything seems to work fine, it shows 160hz in Windows...
  6. Modernizing Windows 10

Modernizing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey everyone, I'm looking to make my desktop a little more modern and was wondering if there's an app that can make folders open similar to the way the downloads folder opens on macOS. I have a lot of apps on my desktop and would love to have them in separate...
  7. Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop: After a recent Windows security update, the icons on my desktop all became transparent.I didn't like that "feature" when I used Macs, and I sure don't like it now that I've moved over to Windows. I use a darker solid-color desktop, and this makes the icons harder to read? Is...
  8. TRANSPARENCY IN WINDOWS 10

TRANSPARENCY IN WINDOWS 10: What is it & what does it do.Mine is set to off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-in-windows-10/b2bf021d-a2e4-45d9-83ec-0af9883a3cf2
  9. User's Windows icons gone blank/transparent

User's Windows icons gone blank/transparent: One user account in one PC suddenly got blank/transparent (not white) icons. Only the text is visible. This affects all icons in entire Windows Explorer. What is there to do? Icon cache is cleaned several times. Icon settings are not "Hidden." Other user accounts in the...
  10. Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

in Windows 10 News
    Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free: It's a well-known fact that many OEMs and retailers across the world are shipping Windows computers, no matter the OS version installed, with lots of useless software solutions that do nothing more than to slow down the PCs themselves and to create additional issues....