Windows 10: usign only MS account possible?

Discus and support usign only MS account possible? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hey guys, have a local account like a lot of us have and an MS account, same for others. Since a while i only use my MS account. So can i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jeffrys, Sep 5, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

usign only MS account possible?

hey guys,

have a local account like a lot of us have and an MS account, same for others.

Since a while i only use my MS account.

So can i remove the local account and use only the MS account?

Or can make my own account a guest account since i no longer use it.

I am afraid if i delete my local account to lose more then just an account.

Also, when i am logged-in to my local account and changing to my MS account i cannot use a PIN.

I saw on the board a thread with this problem, but apparently there is no answer right now

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Sep 5, 2015
  2. yaoyang11 Win User

update your information for m.google.com

This repeated prompted started since this morning. I am usign Omnia 7 with Mango.

I have already tried deleting the account on the phone and add a new one again. The user name and password are correct as I can still

log on via web.

yaoyang11, Sep 5, 2015
  3. NSU v1.4.23 "Missing Software Components"

have the same problem. nothing helped me. other solutions?

I'm usign Vista Ultimate Sp1

sk8er---01, Sep 5, 2015
  4. usign only MS account possible?

The local account is more of an option then an actual user account created separately. That simply sets how you will log onto the desktop either by being prompted each time for user account name displayed to enter password, pin code, or pic file. Or the automatic arrival at the desktop is seen when simply going to restart the machine for Windows updates or during a software install where the system restart is needed to finish the set up.

usign only MS account possible? [​IMG]

When going to first use that option I had to make a slight change of the account name from to " Local" since you can't use the exact same name on the optional sign in mode. It's still linked to the MS account you created as long as you didn't simply bypass the MS account screen when seeing 10 first go on.

Night Hawk, Sep 5, 2015
  5. jeffrys Win User
    Yes Night Hawk,

but since i do not use a local account anymore why do i need one.

Also when going from the local account to the MS account i still cannot use a PIN to make the change. Strange...

I did create my MS account as a local account and MS made a remark on that, but it was possible. I mean my emailadress i use on MS.

Jeff

jeffrys, Sep 5, 2015
  6. That's simply a sign in option so you don't have to log into an online account each time you boot up. Once you shut the system down or in the case of a dual boot go back into 10 you will have to then log in with the MS account and proceed to the local account option all over again. All you are doing is changing the sign in mode for the exact same account only with slightly less privileges if you set up 10 with the MS account first. That will be the admin mode.

Here with a sudden temp power outage more like a momentary disruption the other day I had to sign into the MS account upon powering up the system again. Once up I went in and used the local account option and once again another disruption happened when they were working on something nearby apparently and I had to sign into the MS account one more time! The local account option is a temporary mode while being in the same session until shutting everything down.

In fact after one power outage I had to re-enter the same changed user account name all over again since 10 forgot the first time!

Night Hawk, Sep 5, 2015
  7. jeffrys Win User
    Thanks Night Hawk for the info.

Jeff

jeffrys, Sep 5, 2015
  8. AddRAM Win User

There`s no reason to remove it.

I recommend leaving it.

AddRAM, Sep 5, 2015
  9. You're welcome! *Biggrin

That's kind of like the work offline option you see in IE. If you have a system set up that won't be connected or simply loses the connection to the web you simply wouldn't be to sign in since the credentials couldn't be verified live. That also provides an automatic log in situation since you can go without assigning a password, pin code, or image file.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. usign only MS account possible? - Similar Threads - usign account possible

2. MS Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Accounts: If I change any details in a Microsoft Account i.e. password, do I need to generate a new 'Account Recovery Code'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-accounts/9e79fa3d-e676-4bf4-8ad4-bcad885e6193
  3. Possible MS Scam

Possible MS Scam: Whilst on the internet today, my wife had a new page open with a message, allegedly from Microsoft, reporting that she had a Trojan. She was offered three choices: 1. Go back safely. 2. Get support. 3. Phone 02081448164. I dialled it, but became suspicious when I was directed...
  4. possible duplicate account - unable to locate my MS account that MS says I have

possible duplicate account - unable to locate my MS account that MS says I have: I have an MS account under my icloud account that I can sign into. However, when I attempt to change passwords on google chrome GC, GC wants me to input the windows password, it asks for an account with a user name of cjhays. I must have set that up years ago, however, have...
  5. Is it possible to setup Windows 10 with local account only?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to setup Windows 10 with local account only?: I'm helping a friend out with his old laptop. He picked up a new one and wants this one cleaned up with a fresh install of Windows 10. It's to the point of the install where it is asking for an MS account login. He has his new one set up using his MS account and he just...
  6. Possible bug on MS store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible bug on MS store?: Hi, today I was just messing around on my dell venue 11 pro and I went on the MS store I looked up Dell mobile connect to see if you actually needed a newer dell device to use it. The store said it was incompatible but then I went up to the three dots next to install and...
  7. Possible MS Windows Sccam

Possible MS Windows Sccam: I recently received a recorded message twice in my voice mail. It said something like this: “… coming out of your computer. It seems to be someone who’s trying to hijack your computer and trying to steal your personal information. If it’s not fixed right away then your...
  8. Local Account only possible in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account only possible in Windows 10?: hi everyone, the tech preview was forcing you to use Microsoft accounts to setup - can you use a local only login in win 10? if you are updating from a system 8 with local only account does that work? anyone been through it yet? 9345
  9. Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?: Hi, As someone else has stated, things seem to go horribly wrong when WIN 10 updates happen. The last update triggered (13-01-2016) the loss of access to the start menu, many apps, as well the apps store and MS Edge. The exact same thing happened with the first version...
  10. IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local)

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 restarting message (only on MS account not Local): Hi there builds 10159 /10162 IE11 gives Restarting messages after displaying two windows (or a few). Only happens with me when I'm logged on with an MS account. Doesn't happen when using a LOCAL account (on the SAME machine) so it's definitely something to do with the...