Windows 10: Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

Discus and support Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Not sure how to do 2 displays with 2 graphics cards as I have a 24" monitor which I want the desktop to always to be displayed on - Display 1 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RoadBlaster, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

Not sure how to do 2 displays with 2 graphics cards as I have a 24" monitor which I want the desktop to always to be displayed on - Display 1 then Display 2 will be the main program / game screen which is the 60" plasma.

I will be using 2 X Ge-force GT730's for the test setup which can not be SLi'd

Is this a simple thing to setup or not possible, my spec is on my profile page but performance should be identicle should it ????

:)

RoadBlaster, Sep 26, 2016

2. INSTALLED SIM CARD READER - 2 SIM CARDS & 2 HANDSETS NOW NOT WORKING

Call O2 and ask for another SIM card. The reader has corrupted your card making it unusable in any phone.

psychomania---01, Sep 26, 2016
  3. INSTALLED SIM CARD READER - 2 SIM CARDS & 2 HANDSETS NOW NOT WORKING

Well, thanks for all of your help, everybody.

longhotsummer, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

Berton, Sep 26, 2016
  5. I can tell you now with any question of a dout that I play GTAv alot I had a R9 380 256bit gpu & every other hour the card would crash the game even when using the HD5450 cheap juddery gpu it crashed.

Now I use a GT730 I have smoothe games play don't care about the resolution & perfect textures ect as long as it plays smooth without crashing & in the 3 months I have had perfect results using an Nvidia card on my system .

I was thinking that pcieX16_1 would be the 60" plasma (Display 2) screen only card & pcieX16_2 would be the 24" monitor for desktop (display 1).

At the moment I have keep swapping the hdmi cable from 60" to 24" & would be easier to use 2 identical gpu's ?

6. swarfega Win User
    I have two monitors plugged into a single 1070. One is using DVI-D and the other DisplayPort. I've never had a problem with GTA5.

swarfega, Sep 26, 2016
  7. I was thinking for my lower performance cards by splitting screens 1 & 2 up this could free up some process power of the gaming gpu (2) as the underlying desktop (1) is displayed with another card & if I use 2 monitor on 1 card the desktop screen (1) would be a bit fuzzy in my experience. ???

8. Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

I have 3 monitors connected to my 1 video card. When I game I just do a Windows Logo key *Start + P and select PC Screen Only. Then when I done playing games I do it again and select Extend. I have shortcuts on my taskbar to do each with just the one mouse click. The screen that stays on with PC Screen Only will be the one set as main display.

alphanumeric, Sep 27, 2016
  9. Yes, I understand 1 card works but also if you put 2 gpu cards in which don't do SLi / X-Fire they should give the same output on two monitors.
    I want them to work seperatley, so the desktop is on the second gpu & games just display on they 60" screen as they both will be at different resolutions.

RoadBlaster, Sep 27, 2016
  10. Running two video cards each with its own monitor should be doable. You don't have to run them in SLI, even if they support it. As far as I know its optional. Just don't link them with the bridge. Run them independent. Each monitor should be independent too, and able to show separate content. Assuming your motherboard has the required PCIe connectors, and the power supply is up to the task and has the cables needed.
    I don't have that luxury, my motherboard is limited in the amount of connectors it has. It only has the 1 PCIe x16 connector.

alphanumeric, Sep 27, 2016
  11. Yes thanks for your input, I am only doing this with Ge-Force Gigabyte GT730's for now otherwise the HDMI port I am using will wear out in time from swapping HDMI'S around too much as I am swapping at the Asus Ge-Force GT 730 HDMI port at the moment.

My mobo is the Gigabyte 990FX Gaming which has 2 X 16 & 1 X 4 ports & on board & a M.2 socket for the theoretical 20GB/S !!!

RoadBlaster, Sep 28, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    I have 2x GTX 470 in one system I have , they are not in SLI , one drives the main 32" Benq Monitor and the other drives the 2 Older 1920x1080 capable 23" monitors either side of it , I use extended mode mostly on this triple setup.

My other system runs one GTX 970 and drives all 3 monitors above by itself just fine.....

Typical PCIe_1 would be the slot the Computer uses during boot etc as the main screen , but some motherboards allow you to pick which slot is the 1st one detected/used.

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2

1. Usin 2 Graphics Cards For 2 Screens - Display 1 & 2 - Similar Threads - Usin Graphics Cards

2. My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...: Display settings will not let me correct the 1/2 monitor to individual 1 and 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-seting-shows-12-not-the-normal-1-and-2/209762fa-a35f-40f1-bb9e-e8bca2501b72
  3. My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...: Display settings will not let me correct the 1/2 monitor to individual 1 and 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-seting-shows-12-not-the-normal-1-and-2/209762fa-a35f-40f1-bb9e-e8bca2501b72
  4. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  5. Display 1/2 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display 1/2 bug: Current situation: •Display 1: set as main panel, but recognized as if display 2 •Disolay 2: set as extended display, but recognized as display 1 So if I open things or play my display 1 is the main panel, no problem. But if I want to set my windows colors fitting my...
  6. Switching Display 1 and 2.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Display 1 and 2.: Switching Display 1 and 2. I want to switch my 2 monitors and recognize them opposite as they are now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-display-1-and-2/cfcb116b-cab1-405a-a33f-fac609d68616
  7. 2 Graphic Card Troubles.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Graphic Card Troubles.: So recently while trying to optimize Fallout New Vegas to the best of my abilities. I have 2 Graphics cards. One is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 and the other is a Radeon (TM) R7 M445. I realized that New Vegas used the Intel Graphics card instead of the Radeon. When I got the...
  8. 2 display screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 display screens: Suddenly I have two displays screen--the top one can delete both screens but the front one cannot delete either screen. They seem to be connected as one. I googled for help and followed direction, rt click on blank desktop and go to multiple screens. That seemed to only...
  9. 2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 different refresh rate monitors 1 graphics card: Hi, I was wondering if I would be able to use a 144hz and 60hz monitor at the same time, I have a gtx 1060 6gb. I wouldn't use the 60hz one for gaming but just for some basic tasks. I just thought it would be nice to have a secondary monitor, So in short, I would play games...
  10. 2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 graphics cards - use only 1 as default: hey guys, i have a new laptop with 2 graphic cards - the first one is INTEL HD GRAPHICS 520 and the other is NVIDIA 940MX. i changes some settings i need to know if i do it right and how can i know if the nvidia is the default and not the intel. this the the graphic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting different resolutions for 2 screens using gte 1070