Windows 10: Using 2nd monitor

Discus and support Using 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible using extended display to show a movie on a 2nd monitor while using pc screen(as 1st monitor) for web surfing? I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Rayal, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Rayal Win User

Using 2nd monitor

Hi,
    Is it possible using extended display to show a movie on a 2nd monitor while using pc screen(as 1st monitor) for web surfing?
    I have tried selecting screen 1 or 2 as main display but no matter which screen I project movie on , as soon as I select internet from the other screen , web page is displayed over movie.
    The only items I seem able to display on 1st monitor (without overlaying on 2nd screen)are Windows settings pages .
    I am using an ASUS X540LA with Windows 10, connected to 2nd monitor via VGA lead.
    Any help appreciated

:)

Rayal, Jul 16, 2017

2. When I use an app in the 2nd monitor the resolution is fine. Just the desktop and the task bar resolution is too big on 2nd monitor.

Original Title: Desktop resolution - multiple monitors

When I use an app in the 2nd monitor the resolution is fine. Just the desktop and the task bar resolution is too big on 2nd monitor. Using Lenovo yoga 3 and 3.0 pro dock.

How do I adjust the desktop on 2nd monitor (extended)

BIGCHiefxx, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Dawn G. Win User
    Dual monitor issue - every window on app on 2nd monitor opens on 1st monitor

Help! I am running 2 apps simultaneously, one on the primary monitor and one on the 2nd monitor. The app on the primary monitor is fine. The problem I'm having is that the app on the 2nd monitor does not work on there. It will not stay there or operate
    there. It opens on the primary monitor. That part is no big deal because I just drag it to the 2nd monitor. However, every time I click to view a new page, the new page opens on the primary monitor, completely blocking my view of the primary monitor. When
    the app is open on the 2nd monitor, why does each page click on it open up on the 2nd monitor? Why does it keep opening up on the primary monitor? It is very frustrating and counter productive to drag every single page/window back to the 2nd monitor. I
    might as well not have a 2nd monitor!! What can I do to keep this from happening? It completely negates having a 2nd monitor if each page click within the app won't stay there! Any help is welcome. I'm using Windows 10.

Dawn G., Jul 16, 2017
  4. Gramps Win User

Using 2nd monitor

Can't you just drag the browser window on to the other monitor?

Gramps, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Rayal Win User
    Thanx Gramps, problem solved

Rayal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using 2nd monitor

1. Using 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Using 2nd monitor

2. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  5. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  7. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  8. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  9. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  10. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...