Windows 10: Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers.

Discus and support Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm currently using ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155) and from what I have found, there is no windows 10 drivers yet. So once I upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danielzxzx, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers.

So I'm currently using ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155) and from what I have found, there is no windows 10 drivers yet. So once I upgrade, will using 8.1 drivers work?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z...Desk_Download/

:)

Danielzxzx, Jul 29, 2015
  2. DominicP Win User

Windows 10 upgrade from win7 - cannot access 2nd disc

After upgrading, did you apply your motherboard's chipset drivers?

Windows 8/8.1 drivers will do if there are no Windows 10 drivers for it.

DominicP, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Sound problems

Yes. It's VIA . Sadly the driver for Motherboard got 8.1 support , but not 10 . They should make a windows 10 driver too right ?

DulcianuDragos, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers.

Your best bet is to use the MOST RECENT drivers you can find for *Windows 8.1*. I'm using these for my Atom z2760-based hybrid laptop (Envy x2) and having decent results. Almost everything functions properly aside from the integrated GMA graphics, and even then it's mostly just some window repainting issues for Modern apps (e.g. Store, Edge, etc.).

Overall, Windows 10 seems to be reasonably backwards-compatible with Windows 8.1 drivers.

RCK

rkennedy01, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Great! I was hoping it will work. I'll find out myself for sure once my entire computer done backing up.

I'll mark this as solved but if anyone else wants to add anything, that will be great. I still have a lot to backup before I upgrade.

Danielzxzx, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yeah, just do a full backup first (image-type, preferably). As with anything with this many moving parts, YMMV. For example, when installing "clean" on my machine I have no access to the keyboard as it is part of the lower "dock" portion of my hybrid, which isn't supported by the OBE driver set. Nor do I have any wifi or even touchscreen support. I end up having to use the on-screen keyboard and a USB-attached mouse to enter things like my user name and password. But once I have the basic OS installed I can get everything else working using the latest Windows 8.1 driver packages from HP.com.

Bottom line: With a little persistence, you should be able to get Windows 10 working on your PC.

Good luck! *Smile

RCK

rkennedy01, Jul 29, 2015
  7. I have finally completed the very scary update and almost everything is working perfectly so far. The only issue I'm seeing is not really an issue but I'm guessing the Nvidia drivers has to be updated as it's not starting up and I can't increase my resolution. Doesn't matter as I'm going to do a clean install now anyway.

Danielzxzx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers.

1. Using 8.1 Drivers for Motherboard without 10 drivers. - Similar Threads - Using Drivers Motherboard

2. Printer listed second time as original 1 without a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer listed second time as original 1 without a driver: This is probably trivial, but I have a Canon Pro-100 printer that has been reinstalled and works fine. In settings, there is another Canon Pro-100 Original 1. The message says, "Driver is unavailable.: I want to clean things up, but there is no ">" on this line to let me...
  3. Motherboard driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard driver: Hello, please helpI have 2 PCI Device and 1 Unknown device missing driver,These are the Hardware ID that I retrieved from Device MangerFirst: PCI Device Driver MissingPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43E9&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_11 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43E9&SUBSYS_86941043...
  4. Use Drivers on Motherboard Website or the Most Current Driver?

Use Drivers on Motherboard Website or the Most Current Driver?: This is a question that seems to have differing opinions on the internet and I was hoping an expert here would be able to answer it here. I have a motherboard that has several components that requires drivers. Should I use the drivers that the motherboard website has...
  5. Drivers for Mpman Converter 8 or 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers for Mpman Converter 8 or 10: Dear friends, can anybody tell us where you found the drivers for the tablet Mpman Converter, model 8 or 10 ? . After Win10 update many functions do not work anymore. Please, I am looking already for a long time and the supplier does not give service for downloading drivers....
  6. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  7. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  8. Motherboard Drivers

Motherboard Drivers: With all the free time we have I plan to reinstall windows on an SSD. I custom built my pc a few years ago and I plan to load the drivers from a usb from the manufacturer site instead of the old cd. However, I’m unsure which ones I need. I know I need the chipset, the LAN,...
  9. How to install motherboard drivers?

How to install motherboard drivers?: Guys, I just installed the win 10 system in my new diy PC. The case doesn’t have a cd reader so I can’t use the driver and utility cd that came together with my gigabyte b365m dh3h motherboard. When I was at the last step of installing the win10 system (1909 version), I...
  10. motherboard drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    motherboard drivers: can programs crash and files get corrupted if you havent downloaded the driver for your motherboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/motherboard-drivers/5852c5cd-bb13-4c73-8517-ae1d277edb8c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using windows 8.1 motherboard drivers in windows 10