Windows 10: Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working?

Discus and support Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to use a custom explorer.exe (well, replacing a icon in explorer). When I do this, I get error 0xc0000142. I've tried just replacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IGNH10, Sep 18, 2015.

1. IGNH10 Win User

Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working?

I'm trying to use a custom explorer.exe (well, replacing a icon in explorer). When I do this, I get error 0xc0000142.

I've tried just replacing explorer with Windows 7's explorer (as the icon I wanted to use was Windows 7's explorer icon, and I was also curious to see how the shell would change with 7's explorer). I tried two methods; directly replacing explorer, and using group policy editor to allow custom shells. No luck with either, I still get the error mentioned above. Anyone tried replacing explorer? Did it work?

Edit: Downloading OldNewExplorer. Will update post if it works.

Edit 2: Worked until reboot.

:)

IGNH10, Sep 18, 2015
  2. Mjack322 Win User

WM6/Bluetooth/Activesync 4.5 Anyone got it working?

On my laptop, Active sync4.5 only shows com port 18 and won't let me change it I have a USB bluetooth for the laptop and a samsung pda phone. The computer sees the phone, but active sync has no bluetooth setting.

Mjack322, Sep 18, 2015
  3. DigDug333 Win User
    WM6/Bluetooth/Activesync 4.5 Anyone got it working?

I have a Treo 750 running WM6 using ActiveSync 4.5, I am using a Logitech BT Dongle, To get this to work I did the normal pairing, then I went into BT Configuration on the PC and on the Local Services tab at the very bottom was Bluetooth Serial Port, it
    was set on manual, I set it to Automatic by clicking properties, then ok. Then I went to my Treo and into Bluetooth settings, selected my PC hit the refresh button, then a dialog box appeared stating my phone was trying to connect to a com port I allowed.
    ActiveSync appeared in the list, I selected it and was able to finally sync to my PC. If this does not work try going to My Computer Icon, right click go to properties, then go to Hardware tab, then Device Manager, then on Bluetooth Devices and anything under
    that tree right click on them and select Scan for hardware changes. Then try to do a refresh on your Treo's BT settings for your PC it should appear and you should be able to sync now. If not......try to read more threads......

DigDug333, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working?

1. Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working? - Similar Threads - Using custom explorer

2. Anyone got a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone got a fix for this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iHateCollageAlot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/men5ni/anyone_got_a_fix_for_this/
  3. Anyone ever got this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever got this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Resk69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lubu9t/anyone_ever_got_this/
  4. does anyone actually work in customer service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    does anyone actually work in customer service?: over 2 hours waiting on an agent to talk to and all i got was teh blue dots going across the screen. no est wait time, no position in queue just .... .... .... this is not acceptable. so i tried again this time with billing as i figured its money based so they will jump...
  5. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  6. Has anyone EVER got network sharing using username/password to actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has anyone EVER got network sharing using username/password to actually work ?: Every single time there is a new insider build it resets network sharing to want username and password. Every single time I give it the benefit of the doubt, enter me CORRECT username and password and get told it is incorrect. Every single time I then go through the...
  7. How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you use a custom explorer in windows?: I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black screen where i had to use...
  8. How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you use a custom explorer in windows?: I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black scree where i had to use...
  9. Has Anyone Got Experience of Using Flowcode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Anyone Got Experience of Using Flowcode?: Greetings Earthlings. Newbie to this forum, go easy on me. I'm thinking about purchasing a site license for a program called FLOWCODE? It's a programming app that allows the use of (for example) flow charts. I'm currently using SUBLIME TEXT however I'm investigating...
  10. Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?: I downloaded NumPad from SourceForge, doesn't seem to *do* anything. Anybody had any success running this and having a visible pad? 87201
Tags: