Windows 10: Using a PIN

Discus and support Using a PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Would appreciate your assistance!! Have an older Toshiba Satellite laptop that got 'mysteriously' upgraded to Windows 10. Been using a password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cottonball, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Using a PIN

Would appreciate your assistance!!

Have an older Toshiba Satellite laptop that got 'mysteriously' upgraded to Windows 10.

Been using a password on it since 2011. However, with all the hacking going on in this world, would like to use a PIN instead.

Since the laptop got upgraded from W7 to W10, am I heading for a problem if changing to a PIN, or, should it work without problems?

Thank you for your help!! *Smile

:)

cottonball, Sep 18, 2017
  2. LHuck Win User

Signing into Windows using a pin

Ok, I figured out how to navigate to the Ngc file and followed your instructions, however, when I attempt to enter or open the Ngc file I get a window that opens and says "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc is not accessible.
    The Name of the file cannot be resolved by the system."

So it will not let me into or open the Ngc file to delete the folders and I still cannot set a pin.

In addition, when I click on properties of the Ngc file it indicates it contains 0 files and folders.

LHuck, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Signing into Windows using a pin

Thank you for updating us. We can try to create a new profile and checked
    if you are able to create a PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Robelene Win, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Using a PIN

Brink, Sep 18, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Agreed, I just did it on an HP Notebook I got back in 2010 with Win7 and Upgraded to Win8.1 then to Win10, no issue.

Berton, Sep 18, 2017
  6. Thanks, Brink and Berton!

Glad to have your reassurance. *Smile

cottonball, Sep 19, 2017
  7. Worked like a charm! *Wink

Have a great week!!

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using a PIN

1. Using a PIN - Similar Threads - Using PIN

2. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  3. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  4. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  5. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  6. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

7. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  8. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  9. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...
  10. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...