Windows 10: Using a scanner

Discus and support Using a scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP muliti purpose colour laser printer / scanner. I have the correct software loaded but my Windows 10 machine always tells me the scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robichris, Apr 25, 2016.

1. robichris Win User

Using a scanner

I have an HP muliti purpose colour laser printer / scanner.
    I have the correct software loaded but my Windows 10 machine always tells me the scanner isn't connected.
    I've tried the Microsoft "Scan" application that came with my Windows 10 computer and the HP Scan software with the same responses.
    When I use my Windows 7 computer there's no problem.
    Any ideas?

:)

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Is a Kyocera printer scanner using Page Port software compatible with Windows 10?

No there is not a conflict between Windows 10 and that printer/scanner and the Page Port Software

According to Kyocera it is fully supported on Windows 10, your best option is to visit the Kyocera forum or their Customer Support and ask them for help setting up . . .

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Is a Kyocera printer scanner using Page Port software compatible with Windows 10?

Is there a compatibility issue between Windows 10 and a Kyocera 306ci printer and scanner using the Page Port software?

Osage BeachSenior Center, Apr 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Using a scanner

Hi, you need to check your scanner (model?) is Win 10 compatible, and also that if you are using an x64 bit OS, you have x64bit drivers installed.

If there are no 64 bit drivers for your scanner and your OS is 64 bit you have 3 options:
    1. Buy a new scanner
    2. Run a virtual 32 bit OS and use the scanner in that
    3. Buy a copy of Vuescan (try the trial first)

Please post back if your situation is different.

As an outside possibility, run a scan with Drivermax (free for 2 drivers a day) - driver scanners are NOT recommended in general.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  5. robichris Win User
    Scanner does have 64 bit driver (which works OK with Win 7) and is Win 10 compatible. Ironically, my wife did manage to use the scanner from her Win 10 machine - until her Win 10 did an update.

I hate Win 10. So many of the things I could do and took for granted on my Win 7 machine just cause extra problems in Win 10.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    How is multifuncion device connected to computers? Probably on network?

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  7. robichris Win User
    The MFP is connected by wifi (on home network) as are all my computers and printers.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

Using a scanner

I've solved similar problem with setting static IP address on MFP. I would prefer Ethernet cable connection, if possible. WiFi sometimes needs some time to go alive from sleeping.

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  9. robichris Win User
    It's not the problem. The printer can be active, having just been using it, but Win10 still says "Scanner Unreachable" whereas Win7 works OK.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Can you connect to device via web service (its IP addres)?

Edit: HP print and scan doctor sometimes helps to correct some weird issues.

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  11. robichris Win User
    The problem is obviously due to Win 10. It is not a connectivity issue since Win10 will use the printer of the MFP OK. It is not a scanner problem since Win 7 uses it OK - and HP support assistant doesn't help.

Hate Win10. I've used computers for 35 years. Each new OS provides more restrictions.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
  12. Hi I have HP Printer/Scanner via WI-FI and when I upgraded to windows 10 I reran the disc that came with it
    The only time mine now shows that is when my internet goes down and on limited.
    Run the Scan and trouble shooter that you will find in your Printer app and that will re scan your network and hopefully correct the problem.
    What you are looking for is
    HP Print and Scan Doctor

hTconeM9user, Apr 25, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

Using a scanner

One more thing to try (i would still uninstall and reinstall latest drivers and run scan doctor)

In Windows store get the HP scan and capture app. It is very basic, but works. Check for compatibility.

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2016
  14. That is what I had to do when I first upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Ten
    The first part you are on about
    Also check his AV as that could also be blocking it

hTconeM9user, Apr 25, 2016
  15. robichris Win User
    Thanks for all your efforts. Already had the latest software etc. and all HP "help" achieved was to reinstall the same software ensuring the printer works fine but it didn't resolve the problem.
    But, after a number of "switch off and on again" operations I've eventually managed to get the Microsoft Scan to work.

robichris, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

Using a scanner

1. Using a scanner - Similar Threads - Using scanner

2. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  3. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  4. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  5. I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.

I am not able to use fingerprint scanner and facial recognition sign in option.: From the start, when i bought the laptop HP Pavilion 360, I am not able to use facial recognition option. It is showing as 'currently unavailable'. After this, recently I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner as well and showing the same reason. Both of them are showing...
  6. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...
  7. I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command

I am not able to use my fingerprint scanner or my pin after running msconfg run command: I was receiving virus affected notifications on my laptop I ran the virus detector but due to expiration of my subscription I was not able to do the antivirus thing . I searched on the net how to do it manually and came across the run tab . I ran the msconfg command and...
  8. Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...: Who created this Windows Scanner APP, a MONKEY! WHY POST ANYTHING OR COMPLAIN, WINDIOWS IS LIKE CONGRESS COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO ANY ABOUT IT!!!...
  9. Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...

Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...: Who created this Windows Scanner APP, a MONKEY! WHY POST ANYTHING OR COMPLAIN, WINDIOWS IS LIKE CONGRESS COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO ANY ABOUT IT!!!...
  10. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot use scanner on my canon mx140 printer

2. how to use the scanner in a multifuncion printer already installed?