Windows 10: Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

Discus and support Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Aug 20, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I can make FF use Bing in the Address Bar?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Aug 20, 2018

2. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I do see below

Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 20, 2018
  3. bo elam Win User
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I get no suggestions at all. I untick all those options under Address bar as well as the ones under Search. And set Firefox to delete history using custom settings for history. Never see any suggestion of any kind. So, you can get that done if thats what you want.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

With a brand new and previously unused Profile I do see suggestions for R, but only built-in generic Mozilla ones.

Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search - Similar Threads - Using Bing Firefox

2. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  3. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  4. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  6. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

in Cortana
    Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.: I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community help pages as follows: 1) did the text services framework in task scheduler 2) did a task manager restart 3)" Reregistered"...
  7. Windows 10 - Search in Address Bar choice reverting back to Bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Search in Address Bar choice reverting back to Bing: Windows 10 - Search in Address Bar choice reverting back to Bing and I have changed every setting and even contacted tech support for help, but it still won't work...
  8. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  9. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...
  10. missing address bar in Firefox 50

in Browsers and Email
    missing address bar in Firefox 50: I realize this may not be the most obvious place to be asking this question, but I've already spent more than enough time in the Mozilla help files without finding an answer, so... Can anyone tell me how to restore the address bar in Firefox? I've even gone so far as...