Windows 10: Using build-in VPN-Connection with CyberGhost

Discus and support Using build-in VPN-Connection with CyberGhost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, this is my first post here and just before starting I want to let you know that english is not my native language. So please do not laugh,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EcoGex, Aug 17, 2015.

1. EcoGex Win User

Using build-in VPN-Connection with CyberGhost

Hi all,

this is my first post here and just before starting I want to let you know that english is not my native language. So please do not laugh, if I'm using a word incorrectly or make mistakes building a sentence. I promise to do my very best.

I use Windows 10 Professional (64bit). And it comes with a build in VPN-Connection. I want to use it with my CyberGhost Premium Account (I use CyberGhost for Youtube as many music videos are blocked in Germany but visible in the US).

I used the client software from CyberGhost before and if I was connected to a VPN-Server I had the IP Address of these server. Now I want to use as less software as possible, so I decided to use the Windows build in Connection.

I followed the "How to configure L2TP (with IPSec)" Guide.
    Even if its written for Windows 8 I have done the same steps in Windows 10.

But after connecting to the VPN I can still see my IP Address from my german provider. I was expecting to see an IP from the country in which I have connected to a server.

Does anyone have an idea or maybe a solution?

:)

EcoGex, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Saturn75 Win User

Windows 10 apps, notifications fails to display when connected to a VPN.

I have a VPN with CyberGhost and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709 16299.192.

When the VPN is active I do not receive notifications from the Windows 10 apps in the action center and I do not receive notifications directly from the Windows 10 apps like Skype, Facebook Messenger, etc.

If I disable the VPN I receive all notifications.

CyberGhost's customer support told me the problem occurs with all VPN connections on Windows 10 devices, even when using the built-in VPN capabilities of Windows (using the L2TP protocol).

They then say that the problem is due to recent updates of Windows 10.

Saturn75, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Saturn75 Win User
    Windows 10 apps, notifications fails to display when connected to a VPN.

I tried on three different computers and all, if the VPN is active, do not get notifications from the app installed via the Microsoft store.

The problem happened on both Windows 10 Build 16299.371 and the new Build 17133.73.

The problem is present whether I use the application developed by CyberGhost, or if I use the VPN service integrated in Windows 10.

As soon as I activate the VPN, I no longer receive notifications from the apps of the store, as soon as I disable the VPN I receive all the notifications.

Saturn75, Aug 17, 2015
  4. EcoGex Win User

Solved ...

Seems that I have seen a cached version of the visited page. After deleting my browser cache I got the expected results.

EcoGex, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Using build-in VPN-Connection with CyberGhost - Similar Threads - Using build VPN

2. Cyberghost VPN wont start all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cyberghost VPN wont start all of a sudden.: It has been working fine for so many months. Now all of a sudden this is happening. The company is at loss they claim its a windows problem. I have tried1 Clean uninstall and reinstall2 reg removed3 run admin while installation4 run .exe as admin4.1 My antivirus is switched...
  3. Cyberghost VPN wont start all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberghost VPN wont start all of a sudden.: It has been working fine for so many months. Now all of a sudden this is happening. The company is at loss they claim its a windows problem. I have tried1 Clean uninstall and reinstall2 reg removed3 run admin while installation4 run .exe as admin4.1 My antivirus is switched...
  4. Cyberghost VPN wont start all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 & CyberGhost 8.3 Connection VPN Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 & CyberGhost 8.3 Connection VPN Problem: The purpose of this article is to provide a workaround for getting CyberGhost VPN 8.3 operating on Windows 10.Symptoms: Software installs but is not able to connect or has difficulty and generates an error message when loading the VPN application.Phase 1: Fix Firewall Rules...
  6. Windows 10 & CyberGhost 8.3 Connection VPN Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & CyberGhost 8.3 Connection VPN Problem: The purpose of this article is to provide a workaround for getting CyberGhost VPN 8.3 operating on Windows 10.Symptoms: Software installs but is not able to connect or has difficulty and generates an error message when loading the VPN application.Phase 1: Fix Firewall Rules...
  7. Windows 10 & CyberGhost 8.3 Connection VPN Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. After using cyberghost, I am unable to use internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After using cyberghost, I am unable to use internet.: My computer was on using cyberghost. I walked away for a while and the computer fell asleep, and when I woke it up my Ethernet no longer had internet. I tried to switch to wifi. Same “no valid ip configuration” for each. I turned off cyberghost to see if that helped, it did...
  9. No Internet Connection After Using VPN

No Internet Connection After Using VPN: Hi, my PC couldn’t connect to the internet every now and then after I use my VPN. It’s been going on for a year, and every time I had to soft format / format my PC completely. It’s really a hassle. And I just noticed recently that the cause was the VPN. Any help on how to...
  10. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....