Windows 10: Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper

Discus and support Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to set a wallpaper without an external app if at all possible 110646 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hackaholic5069, May 20, 2018.

1. Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper

I would like to set a wallpaper without an external app if at all possible

:)

hackaholic5069, May 20, 2018
  2. JonasJCS Win User

Bug using slideshow as background wallpaper

I've configured my windows to use slideshow as wallpaper and set the window theme based on color of the background picture. Using windows explorer, when the wallpaper changes if you are navigating through a list of itens then windoes selects the first
    item from that list. Its annoying.

JonasJCS, May 20, 2018
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 20, 2018
  4. Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper

sorry, but if you read, i replaced explorer.exe shell with cairo shell Cairo Desktop Environment
    and i cannot access settings through the usual shortcut. however, i still have the run dialog, so you may be able to acess settings through there, for example, the normal command that runs is shell:appsFolder\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw... etc. but that does not exist in my current shell. could anyone figure out the whole command and i could replace shell with explorer.exe

edit: i realized that cairo and explorer exe will have different wallpaper settings, but i need to know how to change wallpaper in cairo

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    1 person likes this.
  5. not relavant to the question

6. Figured it out. cairo shell inherits what the SHELL: class sets, (im assuming a registry) so, i can exit cairo, choose in explorer.exe (Default shell)shell, exit and reboot Cairo Shell

hackaholic5069, Jun 16, 2018
  7. anyone know any good wallpapers? getting SICK of a blue window shining

hackaholic5069, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper

1. Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe, cannot change wallpaper - Similar Threads - Using Cairo Shell

2. I cannot change my wallpaper at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change my wallpaper at all.: ASUS Flip 14 TP140UAProcessor - IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM - 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableDevice ID - 3C881037-0325-4E26-877A-65017AD07F44 Product ID - 00342-41368-26683-AAOEM System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEdition: Windows...
  3. I cannot change my wallpaper at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change my wallpaper at all.: ASUS Flip 14 TP140UAProcessor - IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM - 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableDevice ID - 3C881037-0325-4E26-877A-65017AD07F44 Product ID - 00342-41368-26683-AAOEM System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEdition: Windows...
  4. I cannot change my wallpaper at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update: is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time ,as i found the update change the time with out changing the time zone...
  6. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update: is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time ,as i found the update change the time with out changing the time zone...
  7. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

8. shell extension for Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shell extension for Explorer: Does Windows Explorer have some shell extension available which adds a function to File Properties that would display the "Comments" field for PSD image files in Windows 10? I am able to see this field in Windows 7 If so, how can I access this capability and install it?...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe - change wallpaper

Using Cairo Shell instead of Explorer.exe - change wallpaper: I would like to set a wallpaper without an external app if at all possible 110646
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cairoshell

2. Cairo Shell (page does not exist)

3. Cairo shell black background

4. have downloaded cairo shell now how do i install it,
  5. setting cairo as default shell,
  6. cairo over or as explorer exe,
  7. run cairo instead of explorer