Using DBAN

Discus and support Using DBAN in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Using DBAN

Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 23, 2018
  2. cereberus Win User

DBAN instructions

You do not need to use dban unless you intend to pass device to anybody else. See tutorials section for step by setp guides to clean install windows 10.

cereberus, Jul 23, 2018
  3. CandleJakk Win User
    DBAN instructions

So I wanna re-install Windows 10 using DBAN ie start over from scratch. Need a step-by-step guide, thank you.

CandleJakk, Jul 23, 2018
  4. CandleJakk Win User

Using DBAN

DBAN instructions

I know. It's just that I wanna start over fresh, and I hear DBAN is the best bet.

CandleJakk, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Using DBAN

1. Using DBAN - Similar Threads - Using DBAN

2. MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy: This is a recent change- maybe because of updates? It asks me to connect with a proxy- but in my office we have no proxy connection. I can not find where to change the setting anywhere. When I try ti use FF for a intranet site, FF also asks me a loggin to proxy. 1 Now I...
  3. coverage on a used computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    coverage on a used computer: I was given a used tablet pc with win 10. I would like to know if Microsoft offers some type of coverage plan I could purchase for protection.. I am running Windows Defender but I continue to get hacked. I have found Json on some of the files left on my pc. This is some...
  4. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  5. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  6. Install Windows 10 on UEFI mode using Linux PXE server

Install Windows 10 on UEFI mode using Linux PXE server: Hi, I need to install Windows 10 on my client machine in UEFI mode using Linux PXE server. Can anyone please provide me some insights for the same. I am able to perform the same in UEFI mode exactly the same way as shown in the given link: Install Windows 7’ over ‘PXE...
  7. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  8. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  9. Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??: I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them. Many recommend using a free program called Dban also known as nuke and boot. I want to use this free software on the hdd's that will be attached to my laptop via...
  10. Can I use DBAN, then OKR?

Can I use DBAN, then OKR?: I'm having weird issues with this laptop. Tried clean install, re-install, basically everything. Now I'm planning to use DBAN to wipe the entire HDD and install Windows using OKR (One key recovery). Should I or not? 57535