Windows 10: Using DiskPart Prior to Setup

Discus and support Using DiskPart Prior to Setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is a key combination one uses while in windows setup screen to go to the dos prompt. But I can't remember it. Can anyone enlighten me? James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Using DiskPart Prior to Setup

There is a key combination one uses while in windows setup screen to go to the dos prompt.
    But I can't remember it.

Can anyone enlighten me?
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016
  2. Saltgrass Win User

The partitions on the disk selected for Installation are not in the recommended order for additional information about installing to GPT disk go to the Microsoft website and search for GPT

As I mentioned earlier, you can only see the MSR partition if you use Diskpart or during the install.

If you want to check Diskpart, open an Administrative Command prompt and as in a prior post, type the commands below. the disk selected is the one which shows as your OS drive on your system.

Diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

list partition

Saltgrass, Jul 4, 2016
  3. HairyFool Win User
    ISO USB WIN 10 install repeats Loading Files and reboots

Ubuntu can leave the partition table in a state that Windows Setup cannot recognise. You may need to go into Diskpart and use the Clean option to reset the table.

HairyFool, Jul 4, 2016
  4. gpwill Win User

gpwill, Jul 4, 2016
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    Ah, Shift+F10.

Thanks. I searched and searched but couldn't find it.

James

JamesJoey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using DiskPart Prior to Setup - Similar Threads - Using DiskPart Prior

2. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  3. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup: Installing windows 10 using usb due to issues and planning on using clean command from diskpart to completely wipe my drive questions is can i use cmd in windows setup and use diskpart? if so how?...
  4. Question in using diskpart using cmd in windows setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to clean usb using diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to clean usb using diskpart: Yesterday I encountered an error that when using diskpart i was unable to clean my usb drive, I searched the internet for answers but any answer can't fix up my problem, so can anyone help me?[ATTACH]...
  6. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  7. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001, i tried to clean...
  8. How to identify a volume using DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify a volume using DiskPart: Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login...
  9. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it (it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001), i tried to clean...
  10. How to use Diskpart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Diskpart: I have a problem with my laptop. When I turn it on, it goes directly (after a while) to Windows RE. I can't do any of the easy recoveries off the menu - says it couldn't be fixed. I don't see any error messages on the screen. I booted from a Windows 10 ISO on a USB...