Windows 10: Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?

Discus and support Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In IE, with one click I can easily save a web site page as a ".mht", which captures the entire web page (as opposed to a "snip" which gets only the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ron79, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Ron79 Win User

Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?

In IE, with one click I can easily save a web site page as a ".mht", which captures the entire web page (as opposed to a "snip" which gets only the part of the web view that is currently visible) plus the mht keeps any embedded links to other information open, which is important for me.

I am rebuilding old vehicles. I often find useful information in unusual places such as an eBay ad. With the .mht option, I can save the entire eBay page with its links still active and refer back to the mht long after the original page has been deleted by eBay. The original eBay URL will not have the info any more and a 'snip' will only have part of the web page plus no info on the links.

I like using Edge, but does it have the mht option? If not, is there some other easy way to save an entire web page with its links still active?

Thanks,

-

:)

Ron79, Jul 13, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Edge support of MHT

MHT is an older file format that fell out of favor because it's easy to attack. Most people use PDF to save web pages now.

MHT opens in Internet Explorer and also Firefox, but I think you need to add an extension for Firefox.

There are lots of great tools for saving web pages -- too many to describe here. OneNote and Evernote are two popular applications that can save and organize web pages. There are also browser extensions like FireShot that can save web pages in different
    formats. One of the great advantages of these tools, in my opinion, is that they enable you, if you want, to save just the content of the web page, without all the advertising and eye-candy -- the Joe Friday approach.

BulldogXX, Jul 13, 2017
  3. herbauld Win User
    Edge support of MHT

I use IE to do research and I will save some web site with MHT "save as".

I don't see this feature on Edge. When will it be available?

In the meantime is there a substitute that can be used in its place?

herbauld, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

In Edge no, not as far as I am aware. You could print to the Microsoft PDF printer, but the links won't be active. You can also make a Web Note and save it to your Reading List but again, the links won't be active.

You can click the 'three dots' menu (top right), select 'Open with Internet Explorer' then save as .mht as before. Edge doesn't seem to be able to open .mht files either, so you'd need to open them in IE too.

5. Ron79 Win User
    Thanks, Bree. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Has Microsoft given any estimate as to when Edge will fully replace IE?

-

Ron79, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    IE should be retained for as long as their Enterprise customers require it. IE includes ActiveX which many business applications and intranet sites rely on.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format? - Similar Threads - Using Edge save

2. What App to use to open a .mht file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What App to use to open a .mht file?: I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files. I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text. 134338
  3. How can I save a picture into a PDF format

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I save a picture into a PDF format: I took a pic from my android phone (Note 8) and sent to my email on my PC. I would like to know how I can save the pic from my laptop using Windows 10 into a PDF file....
  4. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  5. Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly: [img] Havent seen this before. Im sure its a simple thing, or maybe more precisely I hope its a simple thing, but pages appear like the screen shot. When I refresh the page appears normally. Ideas? 76911
  6. How to save a web page to desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How to save a web page to desktop: Trying to put the web site Etsy on my desktop. Right click does not give me the option. How do I make it a desktop icon? 47337
  7. Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?: One of the things I use a lot with Internet Explorer is dragging a shortcut from the address bar to the Desktop (actually shift-dragging, or it makes a silly .website shortcut). How can I do this in Edge? 9525
  8. Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge: Windows 2008R2 active directory network using Group Policy and with all clients running Windows 10 Pro. For approximately the past year, when using Edge pretty much all content from a website could be printed... i.e. you fill out a form or want to print a particular screen...
  9. How can I download an audio from a web page?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I download an audio from a web page?: Hi, I've faced this issue many times, and I still don't know what can I do to download an audio or video from a webpage to my computer. I have JDownloader2 installed, and for example, if I add a YouTube link, it analyses it and I can download the audio or the audio+video,...
  10. Can I Disable video content on web pages?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Disable video content on web pages?: I am on a metered internet connection with a limited amount of monthly data, so I get disgusted every time I want to read an article on a web page and a video starts downloading automatically. I want to read the article and not watch some stupid video, so I was wondering if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge save mht

2. edge save page in mht