Windows 10: Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?

Discus and support Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In IE, with one click I can easily save a web site page as a ".mht", which captures the entire web page (as opposed to a "snip" which gets only the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ron79, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Ron79 Win User

Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?

In IE, with one click I can easily save a web site page as a ".mht", which captures the entire web page (as opposed to a "snip" which gets only the part of the web view that is currently visible) plus the mht keeps any embedded links to other information open, which is important for me.

I am rebuilding old vehicles. I often find useful information in unusual places such as an eBay ad. With the .mht option, I can save the entire eBay page with its links still active and refer back to the mht long after the original page has been deleted by eBay. The original eBay URL will not have the info any more and a 'snip' will only have part of the web page plus no info on the links.

I like using Edge, but does it have the mht option? If not, is there some other easy way to save an entire web page with its links still active?

Thanks,

-

:)

Ron79, Jul 13, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Edge support of MHT

MHT is an older file format that fell out of favor because it's easy to attack. Most people use PDF to save web pages now.

MHT opens in Internet Explorer and also Firefox, but I think you need to add an extension for Firefox.

There are lots of great tools for saving web pages -- too many to describe here. OneNote and Evernote are two popular applications that can save and organize web pages. There are also browser extensions like FireShot that can save web pages in different
    formats. One of the great advantages of these tools, in my opinion, is that they enable you, if you want, to save just the content of the web page, without all the advertising and eye-candy -- the Joe Friday approach.

BulldogXX, Jul 13, 2017
  3. herbauld Win User
    Edge support of MHT

I use IE to do research and I will save some web site with MHT "save as".

I don't see this feature on Edge. When will it be available?

In the meantime is there a substitute that can be used in its place?

herbauld, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

In Edge no, not as far as I am aware. You could print to the Microsoft PDF printer, but the links won't be active. You can also make a Web Note and save it to your Reading List but again, the links won't be active.

You can click the 'three dots' menu (top right), select 'Open with Internet Explorer' then save as .mht as before. Edge doesn't seem to be able to open .mht files either, so you'd need to open them in IE too.

5. Ron79 Win User
    Thanks, Bree. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Has Microsoft given any estimate as to when Edge will fully replace IE?

-

Ron79, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    IE should be retained for as long as their Enterprise customers require it. IE includes ActiveX which many business applications and intranet sites rely on.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format? - Similar Threads - Using Edge save

2. In the future it will be easier and faster to save web pages as PDF in Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In the future it will be easier and faster to save web pages as PDF in Microsoft Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/oyublk/in_the_future_it_will_be_easier_and_faster_to/
  3. MHT file now displays text instead of web page

in Browsers and Email
    MHT file now displays text instead of web page: I made a change to the file association for MHT from Edge to Firefox. That didn't work, so I reset the association back to EDGE, and then I rebooted my system. Even so, when I tried to open a Google page that was MHT coded, here is what EDGE displayed. How do I fix this...
  4. Save web document as text format ?

in Browsers and Email
    Save web document as text format ?: How to save web document as text file for ms edge just like internet explorer ? 178141
  5. In Edge where is 'save target as' or its equivalent

in Browsers and Email
    In Edge where is 'save target as' or its equivalent: I have hunted around for this, there must be a way to do it but I havn't discovered it. The only suggestion I found was to use Internet Explore which is no longer on my PC! 176375
  6. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  7. How to save a web page to desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How to save a web page to desktop: Trying to put the web site Etsy on my desktop. Right click does not give me the option. How do I make it a desktop icon? 47337
  8. Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?: One of the things I use a lot with Internet Explorer is dragging a shortcut from the address bar to the Desktop (actually shift-dragging, or it makes a silly .website shortcut). How can I do this in Edge? 9525
  9. Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge: Windows 2008R2 active directory network using Group Policy and with all clients running Windows 10 Pro. For approximately the past year, when using Edge pretty much all content from a website could be printed... i.e. you fill out a form or want to print a particular screen...
  10. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save in mht edge

2. edge save web page as mht

3. edge save mht

4. edge save page in mht