Windows 10: Using google/chrome & McAfee Bookmarks Bar Icons change/Disapear

Discus and support Using google/chrome & McAfee Bookmarks Bar Icons change/Disapear in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope this is the right place to post this, new to forums in general. Using Win 10 Home edition/Google-Chrome/McAfee I occasionally use McAfee... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Zippy2222, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

Using google/chrome & McAfee Bookmarks Bar Icons change/Disapear

Hope this is the right place to post this, new to forums in general.
    Using Win 10 Home edition/Google-Chrome/McAfee I occasionally use McAfee LliveSafe security suit Privacy tool to clean search history as well as other traces of cookies etc. from all browsers and PC at one time. However when I reopen Google chrome browser most or all of the bookmarks bar icons are not the original and often completely unrelated. For instance, instead of the purple square w/the white capitol Y for Yahoo mail sign in it has the white rectangle w/the Red capitol M that indicates Gmail. My bookmarks icon for my Electric company's icon is normally a blue star, but it now has the Gmail icon. L-clicking on it anyway usually brings up the proper webpage and usually reverts back to the proper icon/symbol but not always and sometimes the page fails to load "this site can't be reached" sort of thing. I have found most can be restored by right clicking on an Icon and L-clicking on "show apps shortcut" in the drop down menu.
    Does anyone have any input on this topic? Or what can I avoid/uncheck in cleaning browser history, cookies, etc. Currently the only thing I don't have the sec. suit clean is "chrome saved passwords" it does clean the Registry, I'm suspecting that might have something to do w/it. Any productive input would be appreciated.

A plethora of advice and a paucity of assistance. ~ Dictionary.com,definition, example, Plethora

:)

Zippy2222, Apr 24, 2017

2. Font and Display configuration

I have a new HP with Windows 10 installed and use Google Chrome for my browser. The window tabs and bookmark bar font is so small that I can hardly read it. The window content text is almost too large. I've tried to change the display in Chrome (web
    content settings) and with the Control Panel in Explorer, which looks like you can set a font size for title bars, menus, icons, tool tips, etc., but nothing seems to make a useful change. Are there rules that I may be overlooking?

Peg Gardner, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Smittychat., Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Using google/chrome & McAfee Bookmarks Bar Icons change/Disapear

1. Using google/chrome & McAfee Bookmarks Bar Icons change/Disapear - Similar Threads - Using google chrome

2. Chrome bookmark bar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome bookmark bar: Anyone any idea why these two icons that look like a globe in the bookmark bar in Google chrome appear like this? [img] 172882
  3. Chrome bookmark bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome bookmark bar: Anyone any idea why these two icons that look like a globe in the bookmark bar in Google chrome appear like this? [img] 172882
  4. Bookmarks Bar In Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks Bar In Chrome: Hello! Is there a way to add an additional 'Bookmarks Bar' under the normal one in Chrome? Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a mooch. If I see a thread asking about something I can help with, I'm there. 162310
  5. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. The current version may have been compromised. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the...
  6. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the bookmarks. If someone has had this problem here, I hope...
  7. bookmarks in win 10 google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bookmarks in win 10 google chrome: Is there any way of retrieving bookmarks lost about a month ago? Please answer in the simplest manner possible as my tech knowledge is very limited. Thank you....
  8. Favourites bar using non-Chrome Google

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar using non-Chrome Google: Its the standard Internet Explorer
  9. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  10. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...