Windows 10: Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Discus and support Using headphones and speakers at the same time. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pikadude1228, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can provide the system information if needed, as well as any other information. Thank you for your time and responses.

:)

Pikadude1228, Aug 19, 2016

2. Speakers and headphones work at the same time

i have tried this previously and it hasn't worked.

Maximus_The_Grate, Aug 19, 2016
  3. trbogt Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi....try to 'Un-install; the Sound driver' and restart the computer

Using headphones and speakers at the same time. [​IMG]

This just an example mine is SoundMax.....choose yours and 'uninstall' it

Unplug your Speakers and headphones before you restart the computer.

Restart the computer and see if Windows re-installs the driver.

You may need to get the driver from your manufacturer website.

Hope this helps some.

*john

trbogt, Aug 19, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Does it have Realtek sound CODEC ? Are headphones analog or USB ?

CountMike, Aug 19, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

"Old fashioned electronics" is your best option here if you have "Non optical" output (i.e analog)

depending on connections - try a "jack splitter" or if you have separate L and R (usually red / white coloured audio leads) use 2 "Y" connectors.

Remember though "Max power transfer" theorem - if the impedance mis-match between phones and speakers is too great it won't work satisfactorily.

If HDMI type output you can also split out HDMI audio via an Audio splitter - while still passing main HDMI signal through as well.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 19, 2016
  6. The speakers are analog and the headphones are usb.
    The speakers are listed under sounds as realtek high definition audio. Anything else needed?
    I'm not sure about CODEC how would I check that?

Pikadude1228, Aug 20, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    My thought would be to use one of those sharing headsets/earbuds Y-adapter the young folks use with their iPod or Smartphone.

Berton, Aug 20, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Can't do that, headphones are USB and don't get sound from CODEC (COder DECoder) chip on MB which trans-codes between analog and digital sound.
    Most popular CODEC chips are from Realtek.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using headphones and speakers at the same time. - Similar Threads - Using headphones speakers

2. Sound coming from headphones and speakers at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from headphones and speakers at the same time: I have my headphones connected in the front port, my speakers in the rear port but sound is coming out from both. All the drivers are up to date and I have enabled the “Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in” in Realtek Audio Control and also I don’t...
  3. Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.: I have my headphones connected in the front port, my speakers in the rear port but sound is coming out from both. All the drivers are up to date and I have enabled the “Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in” in Realtek Audio Control and also I don’t...
  4. Two Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers at the same time.: Here are some pictures of the setup. The two powered speakers are 12 ft apart and I don't want to run a wire between them. The built-in Bluetooth on the Windows 10 PC is paired with both of the BTI-018 Bluetooth receivers. I can play music through each speaker's separately...
  5. Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time: Hi, on my windows 10 computer, anytime I try to use my microphone, my audio immediately cuts out. I've fiddled with the sound control panel tons, but nothing seems to work. It happens no matter what kind of headphones I'm using also, so I'm really not sure what to do. I've...
  6. Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.

Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.: Hello , so I have this problem for a long time. I use to have 2 drives the speaker and my headphones then I plug out my headphones and I when plug them in back Windows didnt recognized themJACK PORT. I tried to plug out and plug in and also didnt work then I download realtek...
  7. Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time

Windows 10 - Use speakers and headphones at the same time: Is there a way to have both speakers and headphones active at the same time? Have a Dell Alienware. Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Bose Computer Monitor Speakers & Beoplay H4, Bluetooth, headphones. All drivers, from what I can see, are the latest. Problem: I can have either...
  8. headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update: i have this problem where after the 1903 update my laptop has sounds coming from the speaker and headphones when i unplug or plug in the headphone it doesnt say audiojack is plug in by something i need help please...
  9. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  10. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...