Windows 10: Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use

Discus and support Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very odd problem that started today (to my knowledge). For whatever reason, whenever my headset microphone is in use, it completely mutes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sagerronan, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use

I have a very odd problem that started today (to my knowledge). For whatever reason, whenever my headset microphone is in use, it completely mutes my sound. The headset is a platronics gamecom 780, and it's my ONLY outgoing and incoming sound device, all the others are disabled, and it is most definitely is plugged in. I go into sound settings to see my mic volume or go into any voice chat and my sound just dies. I can confirm that the headset microphone is working, my sound mixer shows that there SHOULD be audio playing, but there is not. As soon as I disable the microphone or it's not in use, my sound comes back on. I open the sound settings that shows my mic volume and sound dies, then I tab out and it's back. It's the oddest thing. I rolled back the machine to the earliest restore point I have available, but no luck, so I undid the restore. I have also removed the device from the device manager as well as deleting the drivers and have it reinstall as well as running sfc scannow, but still no luck. I've also uninstalled all updates I could from that time frame, I can only assume it was the may critical update. I have plugged the headset into a different machine and it functions like it's supposed to. At this point, if I have to do a fifth clean reinstall in 3 months, I'm going to be very unhappy. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Sagerronan, Jun 8, 2018

2. Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use

1. Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use - Similar Threads - Using headset microphone

2. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  3. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  4. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headset - All audio muted when application is using Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headset - All audio muted when application is using Microphone: Hi,I've scoured the internet to try find a resolution to an issue that seems to have gone unacknowledged by Microsoft for over a year at this point.I seem to have the same problem as Galbi in this thread Locked without resolution:...
  6. Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headset - All audio muted when application is using Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headset - All audio muted when application is using Microphone: Hi,I've scoured the internet to try find a resolution to an issue that seems to have gone unacknowledged by Microsoft for over a year at this point.I seem to have the same problem as Galbi in this thread Locked without resolution:...
  7. Windows 10 - Bluetooth Headset - All audio muted when application is using Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound: Hi, A couple weeks ago something happened I don't know what that altered my audio settings. When using my bluetooth headphones with a built in mic, whenever I entered a chat with anyone, other audio would mute. For example, I'm listening to music or watching Youtube and...
  9. Windows muting all sounds when using microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows muting all sounds when using microphone: My problem is when any program start to use my microhpone then all other app sound output is muted. I would like to hear game sounds for example when using discord. I tried all the solutions I found on the web and checked all possible settings related to sounds and...
  10. No sound when I use headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound when I use headset: I use a headset and have a problem because my partner can’t hear me when I am calling him or her. But I hear sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-i-use-headset/7884c237-e471-4307-8a3b-4cdffaf85b95

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i mute wicked endo microphone without muting earphone

2. does computer microphone mute mute headphones microphone

3. why does microphone mute when using headphones