Windows 10: Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect

Discus and support Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So currently I do not have a router available (I have a wired connection to the internet) but I want to be able to check emails on mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robzam, Sep 15, 2016.

1. robzam Win User

Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect

Hi,

So currently I do not have a router available (I have a wired connection to the internet) but I want to be able to check emails on mobile through wifi. I found a link (How to Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot) showing how to use your laptop as a 'wifi hotspot'. When the laptop is connected to the wired connection at work and I switch on the mobile hotspot as shown in the website, I am able to connect to the internet on my mobile through my laptop. However, this does not work at my home.

I would appreciate any help given to solve this problem.

Thanks!

:)

robzam, Sep 15, 2016

2. Mobile Hotspot

How can one change your ethernet settings so that when you connect your phone to the laptop's mobile hotspot, you actually can use the internet?

At this moment I can connect to the mobile hotspot while my laptop is using an ethernet connection, but I do not receive data and cannot use the internet, even though the laptop can browse on the internet.

Janet Olivier, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Win 10 limited connection to hotspot

Hi

i bought a new laptop with pre-installed win -10. I was connecting it to a hotspot i created using another laptop. It is connecting but with limited connectivity and no internet access. Same hotspot is working fine in other devices such as mobile and tablet.

i created another hotspot using my mobile to which my laptop is responding fine

AnkurSharma-861, Sep 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Running any kind of security software?

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
  5. robzam Win User
    Yes, I have an antivirus running. But I use the same laptop to connect at work and at home.

robzam, Sep 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    And that antivirus is what company's? There are third party software to allow you to setup a device as a Bridge for letting devices use the Wifi as a connection. If you do a search on here, you will find the threads, along with the Tutorial.

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
  7. pgoork Win User
    I'm having a similar sort of issue. I was using my laptop as a wifi hotspot for my chromecast and it was working initially, however now my chromecast can't seem to find the network I created. Windows informs me that I'm 'sharing connection over the 5 GHz network band' and that this might be causing some devices trouble connecting to the network. Does anyone know how to configure it so that it shares over a 2.4 GHz band instead? Thank you!

pgoork, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect - Similar Threads - Using laptop mobile

2. mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet: i do have a problem withe mobile hotspot when i do Activated to share the internet . I find the yellow triangle showing up on the network connection and the internet is disconnected completely from the device. I tried all the solutions such as deleting the driver or...
  3. Mobile hotspot cutting internet

Mobile hotspot cutting internet: HI there : i do have big problem withe the Mobile hotspot when i active work like 15 minute after i get cutting internet ( Yellow triangle ) i do format ( windows 10 home single language 64-bit ) and delete the driver of Mobile hotspot even hide driver i delete and i use...
  4. MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP

MOBILE HOTSPOT ON LAPTOP: why does my mobile hotpots is disconnecting??? i cannot use it to connect it with my phone and when i want to turn on my mobile hotspot (which i never turn off) it's buffering for a very long time.... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  6. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b
  7. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...
  8. Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection'

Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection': Hi I am having issues with windows 10 mobile hotspot. My ethernet is working fine - have updated to windows 10 2018 October update. If I try to connect to the windows 10 hotspot it says 'no internet connection' on any device I try to connect to it. Never had this issue...
  9. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...
  10. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...