Windows 10: Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?

Discus and support Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello all, So I'm simply trying to upgrade from a 1 TB HDD to a 3 TB HDD. I was hoping, rather than backing up all of my data, and doing a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mikeasu, Jul 14, 2018.

1. mikeasu Win User

Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?

Hello all,

So I'm simply trying to upgrade from a 1 TB HDD to a 3 TB HDD. I was hoping, rather than backing up all of my data, and doing a fresh install of windows, then reinstalling everything - to instead do a simple clone, but make my main data partition bigger, taking advantage of the increased HDD space.

Right now, I'm running with the default windows 10 partition setup, from when I installed it several years ago, so my C: partition is the bootable one. Managed to use Macrium to build partitions the way I'd like in the new HDD, and copy/clone the data over, but haven't figured out how to make intended main partition (D: in the attached image) bootable. Ideally, I copy everything over, then remove the old HDD and just run with the new one here on out. I figure I'm just missing something obvious, but stumped. Any ideas? Figure with intended partition setup attached.

Thanks in advance,

Mike S

:)

mikeasu, Jul 14, 2018

2. Will Windows 10 with a 1TB HDD work alright with a External SATA HDD cloned drive?

Hi, I'm about to get an External HDD"flat docking station"with an USB 3.0 to clone from my internal HDD. Will it make a difference which drive I use with Windows 10? Also, I'll be cloning this drive from a 1TB drive that only has 130GB on it that's 50%
    fragmented (after I use the defagger) The HDD drive I'll be cloning to is also 1TB, will the fragmented files from the internal HDD show up on the cloned drive? I hope that's not a "dull" question.

deerpark243, Jul 14, 2018
  3. HsojSmool Win User
    Wiping recently cloned HDD (W10 bootable)

Hi Guys,

Recently restored my Pc to factory settings (downgraded to W8) then reinstalled W10 upgrade on the restored OS.

I used the Samsung data migration to create a clone of the W10 OS onto a new Samsung EVO 850 240gb SSD. This went smoothly and the drive boots to W10 and runs great. I want to install the old 1Tb mechanical HDD in a caddy in the cd drive of the laptop.

I have tried using a USB 3.0 to sata cable to read the internal 1Tb HDD and wipe the bootable W10 OS that is still on there to end up with a clean 1Tb for data . I cant access the drive using the cable nor the caddy. The laptop even defaults boot to the
    old HDD when installed in the laptop with the caddy.

Disk management doesn't recognize any drives neither does windows explorer.

Any ideas on how to wipe the old HDD with the original W10 OS on it using a USB cable or from inside the caddy?

Cheers

HsojSmool, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?

Update KB3163018 fail to install and crashes wiping my 3TB HDD desktop pc on windows 10 pro 1511

*O.T.> wiped drive

Update KB3163018 fail to install and crashes wiping my 3TB HDD desktop pc on windows 10 pro 1511 . error, failure to reboot, no bootable device found. I run Seagate tool, wont detected, did all possible test, failure. Insert a bootable cd (no bootable
    device found) was the answer. insert another HDD 1TB from another pc and boot fine. When I hook up both HDD, the 3TB its not detected, Should I assume is dead?

JessieDias, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?

1. Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable? - Similar Threads - Using Macrium7 free

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  6. Cloning hdd ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  7. Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 HDD clone not bootable: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Alienware R7 desktop and I had my operating system on a SSD drive. I cloned the Windows OS to a 2TB HDD that is also in my desktop because I would like to dual boot Ubuntu and want Ubuntu to be installed on the SSD instead of Windows. The tool I...
  8. Making the hdd main storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the hdd main storage space: I recently built a new pc, I have a 512 gb m.2 ssd, and a 2tb hdd. So my boot drive is the ssd. It contains all of the windows stuff. My question is, how do i safely transfer the folders like (Desktop, documents, downloads) into the hdd? And how do i make the contents save...
  9. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  10. Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning 1TB hdd to 25GB ssd? Can it be done?: Hello first off yes I know 1TB is way bigger than 525Gb but my dell inspiron 3650 isn't even a month old yet and I have only used 178 Gb total from the HDD. So my question is should I still be able to clone the hdd with 178Gb used(includes hidde to the ssd which has 475Gb...