Windows 10: Using Mail for email

Discus and support Using Mail for email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to set up an email "group" from my contacts. I want to send the same email to 20 people. Do I have to enter each one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by barzac1, Feb 17, 2016.

1. barzac1 Win User

Using Mail for email

I cannot figure out how to set up an email "group" from my contacts. I want to send the same email to 20 people. Do I have to enter each one individually from the contact list?

:)

barzac1, Feb 17, 2016
  2. pcfone Win User

e71: audio notifications for email using Mail for Exchange

Yes, I have made the right setting on the Menu>Settings>General>Personalization>Tones> Email alert tone and Vibrating alert areas. Still no audible notifications.

Very weird & a bit frustrating.

Thanks for the suggestion in any case.

pcfone, Feb 17, 2016
  3. joness9 Win User
    e71: audio notifications for email using Mail for Exchange

I get exactly the same problem. Everything is configured correctly but no audible or vibrating alerts for MfE.

SJ

joness9, Feb 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Using Mail for email

As far as I know, you can't create groups in Mail app.

Assuming you are using outlook.com ( aka Hotmail.com ), you will have to use the web account like you used to before Windows 10.

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Yes sorry you will have to do each e-mail individually
    There is no way for you to send an e-mail from Mail App as a group
    So hopefully soon it could be one of the items to be added

hTconeM9user, Feb 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Here is the direct copy from he answer to the same question from TechNet forum............

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    The Mail and People apps work together, so if you added an Outlook.com or Exchange account, your contacts are automatically added to the People app. And they cannot do groups.

davidhk, Feb 18, 2016
  7. Found this
    Credit goes to Darnest
    Proposed as answer by Darnest Tuesday, January 05, 2016 6:08 AM
    How to send to groups in Windows 10 mail app?

So I found a way to make it work, so I have groups in the People app.

Contact name is Starwars group for instance. The personal email is

L: bob@t.com, jeff.c@yahoo.com,terri@live.com

then you save. in the people app you highlight the contact on the left and on the right the emails show up under the words PERSONAL EMAIL.

Click on the words and it will ask you what app to use, choose mail (make it default). All the emails are now in the to field.

I dont think there is a maximum, and I am able to send emails with addresses added this way.

Hope it works for you.

hTconeM9user, Feb 18, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Using Mail for email

@barzac1

The "answer" came from the same link I posted to you.
    The reason I did not point it out to you is because the moderators have not marked it as Answer although one month has passed after it was posted.
    There might be something that the forums moderators do not approve of.
    You can give it a try if you want.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using Mail for email

1. Using Mail for email - Similar Threads - Using Mail email

2. using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.: using Microsoft Mail with 3 email accounts. It stopped sending mail now.Happened a couple of weeks ago and Microsoft rep logged in and fixed but don't know what he did....
  3. SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL: Hi, Up until a few days ago we had no problem using the mail app on our computer, using windows 10. Suddenly it stopped and emails just go and sit in the outbox and a notification appears saying " Unable to access this account ................ You might need to update...
  4. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App: I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app. Any suggestions?...
  5. Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail

Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail: I am having trouble send emails using the windows mail program on my computer. I can receive, just can't send. this is the error message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if...
  6. Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large....
  7. email usings Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email usings Windows 10 Mail: When an email is deleted is it erased or is the email address in the file directory deleted. If it is the later, how can I erase the email contents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-usings-windows-10-mail/8d2d482e-0fa1-45b0-a732-dbb71c7ea5f3"
  8. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  9. Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail: Novice here. Completely confused btw. Chrome is assigned as default email for W10. Actually using Yahoo Mail on AT&T Web browser. The to the point problem is that I am trying to send a zip file(containing photos) via Yahoo email and I cannot get it to attach to email...
  10. How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    How to use a Yahoo email with Mail app.: I folks, I have an Outlook account, of course, but I don't use it. Instead I use my Yahoo email, but for some reason the new app won't let me add it. Instead it only wants my Outlook email. Is there and way to add a Yahoo email? This is what I get when I select Add...